Tuesday, November 28, 2017

(Finished November 28th, 2017) The Magnificence of Led Zeppelin's "III", Part 2

Hello,

This is from about 50 years ago, so I'm glad we even have this live sound at all, I just wish it was a bit more crisp. 6) "Gallows Pole" (Traditional arr, Page & Plant):



From "Page and Plant", the sound is a lot better.


Hangman, hangman, turn your head awhile

I think I see my sister coming

Riding a many mile, mile, mile

Sister, I implore you, take him by the hand

Take him to some shady bower

Save me from the wrath of this man

Please take him
Save me from the wrath of this man, man

With Robert Plant providing an introduction. 7) "Tangerine" (Page):


Thinking how it used to be

Does she still remember times like these? 

To think of us again?

And I do

"Going To California"/ "Tangerine":



8) "That's The Way" (Page and Plant):

That's the way,

Oh, that's the way it ought to be,

Mama say that's the way it ought to stay, yeah, yeah oh oh



9) "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp" (Jones, Page & Plant)

As we walk down the country lanes,
I'll be singing a song, hear me calling your name
Hear the wind within the trees,
Telling mother nature 'bout you and me



10) "Hats Off to (Roy) Harper" (Traditional arr, Charles Obscure):

When I done quit hollerin' baby 
I believe I shake 'em on down 
Get my babe won't be late 
You know by that I mean seconds late 
Ah must I holler 
Must I shake 'em on down


A bonus half-hour concert from March, 1970 in Denmark:




themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites