Sunday, November 12, 2017

(Finished September 12th) The Obscure Gems From "Stranger Things"

Hello,

My son and I finished watching the second season of "Stranger Things" tonight and we loved it. "Stranger Things" is such a great show. I love the story telling of this show, the very 80's vibe, the focus on character and of course the amazing 80's music. I also love how Season 2 ends at a jr. high dance- which brings back a lot of not great memories for me. And I didn't have a friends hot older sister to rescue me.

A lot of these are classic early 80's new wave songs. A genre of music that had a very short shelf like, but long lasting effects. Now not all these songs are great and there are a lot of songs that I have never heard of. Somebody dug deep in the nostalgia bucket to find some of these songs. Thanks to whoever did that and I've discovered many amazing new (okay old, but new to me) songs.

And for the record Mike is so incredibly annoying, but I love Hopper. And Karen Wheeler in a bubble bath was a sight to see as well. I don't think she's going to get together with Max's brother, but she does need to dump that husband of hers.

Carl Weathers "You Ought To Be With Me":


This song was released in the late 80's, which is when heavy metal had started becoming derivative. It set the stage for Grunge, which was only a few years away. Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, amongst other bands, pushed heavy metal out of the mainstream. It stays out of the mainstream to this day. Like New Wave, Grunge had it's moment, but it was a relatively short moment. 

Hittman "Metal Sport":


Runaways "Dead End Justice":


Channel 3 "Strength In Numbers":


Jetzons "When The Sun Goes Down":


Robert Gorl "Darling Don't Leave Me":


Shock Therapy "I Can Do What I Want":



Carroll Lloyd "Try My Love":


Jumpstreet "How I Feel About You":


Tones On Tail "Go":


"Swing Set "Blackout":



Prehistoric Wolves  "Every Other Girl":



Gary Paxton "Spooky Movies":



I know Miss Parton is well known, but I hadn't heard of this song until "Stranger Things".

Dolly Parton "Bargain Store":



Space Knife "I'm Taking Off (Shield Your Eyes):



Echo and The Bunnymen "Nocturnal Me"



Vangelis "Fields of Coral":



John Carpenter "Bank Robbery":



Jackie James and Ian Curnow "Every Little Bit":



Tangerine Dream "Exit":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites