Saturday, November 25, 2017

(Finished November 25th, 2017) An Introduction To Glennis Grace

Hello,

I hadn't heard of Miss Grace until a few hours previously, but I stumbled across her cover of the amazing Whitney Houston's "Run To You". Thanks YouTube!!! So I'm going to listen to a bunch of her videos to see if she lives up to some of the close to Whitney Houston hype. She's no Whitney Houston, but I don't know that there will be anyone ever again as great as Miss Houston. Heck even Whitney Houston wasn't herself after a few years of her career. I will include some Whitney Houston covers, but want to see how she does some other covers.

I will post some of the highlights. Her cover of "The Greatest Love of All" suffers the same fate as "Didn't We Almost Have It All". I'm a little disappointed by her cover of "Nothing Compares To U".

"Run To You":


I'm not a big fan of this arrangement, it's kind of boring. It's too slow. Such a shame for such a great song. "Didn't We Almost Have It All":


Very good, but not quite as amazing as Miss Houston's original version. "I Wanna Dance With Somebody":


"One Moment In Time":


"I Look To You":


Mariah Carey's "Emotions":


I'm not going to lie, this cover gave me Lauryn Hill flashbacks:


A Michael Jackson medley:


"Oh Holy Night":


From "Dreamgirls", "Listen":


"The Voice Within":


"Always":


"Love Song":


"Halo":


"A Moment Like This":


"It's A Man's, Man's, Man's World":


"Someone Else's Guy":



John Denver's "Annie's Song":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites