Saturday, November 18, 2017

(Finished November 18th, 2017) Another Music Legend Has Died, R.I.P. Malcolm Young

Hello,

Malcolm Young, legendary bassist and more importantly one of AC/DC's songwriters, has passed away today at the age of 64. Young was born on January 6th, 1953 and died today, November 18th, 2017. Malcolm was with the band from the beginning, November 1973 until a "brief absence" in 1988 and on to his too early retirement in 2014. He had to retire due to the dementia that was making him forget nearly everything. AC/DC was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2003, their thirtieth year as a band.

I haven't got that far in my Greatest 80's Musicians of All-Time Countdown, but AC/DC is my #13 Greatest 80's Era Band of All-time. They are probably under ranked. I look forward to listening to all of their 80's era CDs so that I can compile my countdown blogs for them. I'll be considering 108 songs for their countdown blogs from 1977's "Let There Be Rock" to their single from "Last Action Hero". That song being "Big Gun". Long live Malcolm Young. Long live AC/DC and long live Rock and Roll!!

Originally today I was going to start working on the countdown blogs for my #28 Greatest 80's Era Musicians, Cinderella. However that idea was scrapped when I heard about the death of Malcolm. I'm glad he no longer has to deal with the suffering of dementia and forced to be taken care of in a nursing home.

For this blog I'm going to post some of the best songs that Malcolm co-wrote. As usual I tend to focus more on the lesser known songs. I used the list coming from secondhandsongs.com

"Ain't No Fun (Waitin' Around To Be A Millionaire)":


"Bad Boy Boogie":


"Big Balls":


AC/DC on Top of the Pops? Very interesting. "Girls Got Rhythm":


"Heat Seeker":


"Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be":


"High Voltage":


"Let There Be Rock":


"Moneytalks":


"Nick of Time":


"Night Prowler":


"Ride On":


"Rock 'n' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution":


"Shake Your Foundations":


"Shoot To Thrill":


"The Jack":


"This Means War":


"Thunderstruck":


"Touch Too Much":


"Walk All Over You":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites