Thursday, October 11, 2018

(Started October 11th, 2018) The Blues: An Education, Part 7: Muddy Waters

Hello,

A king of the Blues, McKinley Morganfield, lived from April 4th, 1913 (or 1915) and he died on April 30th, 1983. Morganfield was better known by his stage name Muddy Waters. He was known as "the father of Chicago Blues". Among some of his influences included legendary Blues masters Robert Johnson and Son House. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987 and received a Grammy Lifetime Achievement award in 1992.  I was almost 16 when he died and really didn't understand his legacy until many years later. R.I.P. Muddy.

"Mannish Boy":


"I'm Your Hoochie Coochie Man":


"Got My Mojo Workin'":


"Deep Down In Florida":


"They Call Me Muddy Waters":


"She's 19 Years Old":



"I Just Wanna Make Love With You":



"She Moves Me":



"Honey Bee":
"I'm A King Bee":
"Baby Please Don't Go":
"Howlin' Wolf":
"Nine Below Zero":
"Can't Be Satisfied":
"Rocket 88":



"Rock Me":
"The Blues Had A Baby And Named It Rock and Roll":

It seems there was a band that named themselves Muddy Water. Here's a couple of their songs:

No comments:

Favorites