Friday, October 26, 2018

(Started October 25th, 2018) Interesting Covers of Led Zeppelin Classics AND Some Actual Live Zep

Hello,

I may be in a bit of a Led Zeppelin mood of late. This is the 50th anniversary of the greatest band of all-time. I've been reading about them lately and loving their music as much as I always have. I thought it would be interesting to hear some covers of Led Zeppelin songs- which vary from the sublime to what the hell? Although it's rapidly approaching the end of the year I still hope to have a series of blogs that feature Led Zeppelin's 50 best songs. The covers are suggested from lists of Paste, Yardbarker.com and my own iTunes.

Stone Temple Pilots "Dancing Days":


Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross and Karen O "Immigrant Song":


This version is amazing. Bond "Kashmir":


4 Non Blondes "Misty Mountain Hop":


The Mighty Zep "Misty Mountain Hop":



Heart "Black Dog":


Corinne Bailey Rae "Since I've Been Loving You":


The Mighty Zep "Since I've Been Loving You":



Heart "Battle of Evermore":



Page and Plant covering their own song, so incestuous "Battle of Evermore":



Santana feat. Chris Cornell "Whole Lotta Love":



I like that she puts her own spin on this song, I'm just not a big fan of this version. Tori Amos "Whole Lotta Love/ Thank You":



The Mighty Zep "Whole Lotta Love":



Laura Veirs "The Ocean":
I didn't know what to think of this cover, but I didn't expect it to be such a faithful cover. Iron Maiden "Communication Breakdown":


Pink "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You":



Led Zeppelin "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You":



Pig Iron "When The Levee Breaks":
Gotthard "Immigrant Song":
Blackbud "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You":
Black Label Society "In My Time of Dying":
Sheryl Crow "D'yer Maker":
Never The Bride "Going To California":
Alabama Shakes "How Many More Times":
Tori Amos "Whole Lotta Love":
Chris Cornell "Thank You":
Train "Ramble On":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites