Sunday, September 18, 2022

(Finished Septermber 18th, 2022) The Seventeen Best Songs of R.E.M.

Hello,

This is the second in a series of blogs that eventually I hope to do for dozens of musicians.

R.E.M. was a touring and recording juggernaut from their beginnings in 1980 until they sadly broke up in 2011. They left behind dozens of good to great songs, smart lyrics and a jangly sound. They were one of the first bands that brought light to a lot of things that had been in the dark for a long time. They still seem to have that strong will as to this day they insist they will not reunite. For that I got to give them a lot of credit- although I would love to see them back together recording and touring.

R.E.M was made up of Peter Buck, Mike Mills, Michael Stipe and Bill Berry

These are without a doubt- okay there are a lot of doubts - their 17 best songs.

1) "Drive":


2) "Man On The Moon":


3) "It's The End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)":


4) "The One I Love":


5) "Driver 8":


6) "Fall On Me":


7) "Don't Go To Rockville":


8) "Stand":


9) "What's The Frequency Kenneth":


10) "Losing My Religion":


11) "I Don't Sleep, I Dream":


12) "Bang and Blame":


13) "Star 69":


14) "Crush With Eyeliner":


15) "Romance":


16) "So. Central Rain" (I'm Sorry):


17) "Orange Crush":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites