Sunday, September 11, 2022

(Started 9/11/2022) Part 1 of Twenty-One Plus Songs For the Twenty First Anniversary of 9/11 featuring Bruce Springsteen's "The Rising"

Hello,

Twenty-one years ago the unthinkable happened, I was reliving many of the moments of that day on my walk this morning. I still remember so many details of that day. It was my ex-mother-in-law's phone call that alerted me to something was going on in New York. I still went to work like normal that day, still went and deposited my check in Salt Lake like normal and went to Barnes and Noble that day. I remember that they actually ended up closing early that day. And now most unlikely I went to a concert that night with my Mom, we went and saw Lonestar. This is not a preaching blog, these are just twenty one or more songs that remind me of that day. 

I hope we never forget. 1) Darryl Worley "Have You Forgotten":


2) Bruce Springsteen "Lonesome Day":


3) Neil Young "Let's Roll":


4) Bruce Springsteen "Into The Fire":


5) Green Day "Twenty One Guns":


6) Bruce Springsteen "Waitin' On A Sunny Day":


7) Kenny Chesney "Who Would You Be Today":


8) Bruce Springsteen "Nothing Man":


It was jets that did most of the damage, but my two songs about jets are a tribute to the heroes that overcame the terrorists and brought down Flight 93 in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. 9) Steve Miller Band "Jet Airliner":


10) Bruce Springsteen "Countin' On A Miracle":


11) Wings "Jet":


12) Bruce Springsteen "Empty Sky":


13) My Chemical Romance "Skyline and Turnstiles":


14) Bruce Springsteen "Worlds Apart":


15) Suzanne Vega "Anniversary":


16) "Bruce Springsteen "Let's Be Friends (Skin To Skin)":


17) Mary Chapin Carpenter "Grand Central Station":


18) Bruce Springsteen "Further On (Up The Road)":


19) Bloc Party "Hunting For Witches":


20) Bruce Springsteen "The Fuse":
21) The Cranberries "New New York":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites