Tuesday, September 20, 2022

(Finished September 20th, 2022) The Lesser Known/ Obscure Songs From Marc Myers "Anatomy Of A Song"

Hello,

I have started reading the second of two books from Marc Myers "Anatomy Of A Song" articles. Of the four or so songs I have read about so far, my favorite article is about Donovan's "Sunshine Superman". I am also amazed at how much effort, collaboration and work was put into the creation of "Good Vibrations". 

But the first book is titled "Anatomy of a Song: The Oral History of 45 Iconic Hits That Changed Rock, R&B and Pop". I haven't read any of this book so far, but I have looked through the list of songs. These are the seventeen most obscure or songs that haven't received enough love. Some of these songs I have never heard before this blog.

1) The Four Tops "Reach Out (I'll Be There)":

2) The Young Rascals "Groovin":

3) Loretta Lynn "Fist City":

4) The Rolling Stones "Street Fighting Man":

5) Elvis Presley "Suspicious Minds":

6) Led Zeppelin "Whole Lotta Love":

7) The Staple Sisters "Respect Yourself":

8) The Allman Brothers "Ramblin Man":

9) The Hues Corporation "Rock The Boat":

10) Steely Dan "Deacon Blues":

11) The Clash "London Calling":

12) Merle Haggard "Big City":

13) Bonnie Raitt "Nick of Time":

14) Elvis Costello "Angels Wanna Wear My Red Shoes":

15) Janis Joplin "Mercedes Benz":

16) The Rolling Stones "Moonlight Mile":

Featuring The Dixie Cups in this performance. 17) The Neville Brothers "Brother John/ Iko Iko":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites