Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The "AI" Top Three May 12, 2009 part 2

Hello,

Again only time for another short blog. I'm hoping to hear soon that Danny Gokey is finally going home. The competition last night was just not the same without the fiery Allison Iraheta. If last night was a meal, it would be something very bland like a piece of bread. If Allison was around she'd be the flavor on that bread. Without her the show is just not the same. In fact this has sort of been a disappointing season.

Tuesday night's Top 3 show continued: After the third straight mediocre performance of the night it was time for "AI" to pat itself on the back. I'm all for mosquito nets in poor African countries, but seriously "AI" doesn't have the budget to fly Carrie Underwood over to Angola by itself. It really has to leach off an oil company to pay for that? Although it was good to see Carrie Underwood, she is one of the hottest Idols ever. That's even when she wasn't going for the glamour last night. I think the other two hottest Idols has to be Katherine McPhee and Megan Joy. Oh yeah how could I forget Casey Carlson and Haley Scarnato? The first three are the most talented.

4) I'm running out of time I better get going. The fourth performance was Danny Gokey. It was announced that he was singing "You Are So Beautiful" and I thought to myself this might be a song he can sing well. Sorry no. First of all he talked about his mentors helping him arrange the song. Danny I wouldn't rely on them anymore as that was a terrible arrangement. The judges then overpraised him again, I don't even know if that was a mediocre performance. I don't know if it was that good. What are the judges thinking? Kara said he was "stunning" and "amazing". Paula then made me puke in my mouth when she said that Gokey did "magic to it". Oh he did something to it alright, but I don't think any magic was involved.

Thinking about it now logically, I think I finally understand Gokey's strong support. His bad dancing hypnotizes the judges, it's so obvious now. That's the most rational reason I can come up with. To prove I'm right Simon called his performance a "vocal master class". Only a hypnotized person would say that. Another piece of proof it is said the weak minded are the easiest to be hypnotized. Hmm! Randy, Kara and Paula being hypnotized, it's so obvious now. Then Danny had to make it even worse when he said he wanted to sing the song with "a fresh mind and a fresh heart". Seriously that is what he said? Performance: D. Personality: F. Buy: NO!!!!!

5) They say the third time is the charm, not tonight. Tonight the fifth time was the charm. In the fifth performance Kris Allen sang "Heartless" and to be honest I was expecting absolutely nothing. No one was more shocked than me when he sang that song so well. That's definitely one of the best performances of this season of any contestant. He nailed that! It was better than Kanye's version by a long way, not that Kanye is anything special. Paula got the laugh of the night when she said Allen was "brave" for singing a "song about Simon Cowell". All the judges liked the performance and this was easily the highlight of the night. (For the record I picked Kris Allen going home on the ew.com/predictify contest. Maybe I'll be wrong and I'd be fine with that.) Grade: B+. My grade would have been higher but his performance kind of tailed off at the end. Buy: I just might, I'd never buy Kanye's brainless "Heartless".

It's almost time for tonight's "AI". I'm going to enjoy me some Katy Perry, Jordin Sparks and hopefully Danny Gokey going home.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites