Sunday, May 3, 2009

Top 4 for "AI" 5/03/09

Hello,

Here's my top four for season 8 of "American Idol".

4) Danny Gokey (LW:3) How is it that of out of all the contestants that he is the only one who has not been in the bottom 3? Does "AI" really want him to win? Do they really want a "winner" who fizzles out as quickly as Taylor Hicks or Ruben Studdard. As they say in corporate America, how will that help the brand? (corporate America is so loathsome.) I don't think he's going to handle rock week very well, I'm hoping that Slash punches him. Let's hope that doesn't happen because then he would get sympathy votes with all his regular votes.

3) Kris Allen (LW: 4) I feel the same way with a lot of things about him that I feel about Danny Gokey. I know he's really popular now, but he doesn't have lasting power. In the next couple of years maybe he'll be opening for the Disney star of the month. (Yes I'm talking about you David A.) He's not going to do well with rock week either. I'm still reeling from his awful, "All She Wants To Do Is Dance". That's not a 100% rock song, so it makes me nervous what he would do with a 100% rock song.

2) Adam Lambert (LW: 5) He's a yo-yo on my list. He seems to alternate between good and bad performances. He sang "Feeling Good" last week. That's not a song I necessarily like but he sang it very well. After his fantastic "Born To Be Wild" I think he's going to do well with rock week. It'll also be interesting to see the interaction between him and Slash. Lambert is not my favorite contestant, but he's a hell of lot more interesting musically than either Allen or Gokey.

1) Allison Iraheta (LW: 1) Allison was born for rock week. I'm excited to see her performance from Tuesday night. She needs an A+ performance to move to the next week though, she just does not have a strong enough voting base. She has to galvanize her fans to vote and take fans from the other three. She's lucky she's still in the competition. Also I'm lucky she's still in the competition.

Other news the Black Label Society concert is on May 5th, Cinco De Mayo. I'm looking forward to that. Although the downside of that is that I'll have to see "American Idol" later and I'll be very tired the next day at work. The concert should rock and I'm so glad I'm able to go to another concert.

I have completed 2 of the 7+ weeks of training at Verizon Wireless. It has been a very good experience so far, although there is a lot to learn. A very cool thing about the VZW training program is that we can use a Blackberry free of charge for 5 weeks. That's another way we can know more about our job for when we take calls. We can call and text all we want. I sent my first text ever last night to my wife. I also downloaded the Green Day "American Idiot" extended CD. Now all I have to do is to figure out to move it to my Crackberry. Two of my kids have played with the Crackberry a lot as well. When I have to give it back it's going to be hard for us. I'm taking it to the concert Tuesday night, I'm going to try and figure out mobile blogging. If I can figure that out, maybe that'll be my next blog.

I'm not sure when I'll be back. Have a great week, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites