Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hello,

This is my final Top ? list for "AI" this season as this week is the season finale. This list is pretty much the same as it was last week, with only a few minor changes. Thankfully Danny Gokey was voted off and he's no longer on this list.

10) Scott MacIntyre (LW: 9) The blind balladeer from Arizona who left the competition after playing guitar and singing Survivor's "The Search Is Over".

9) Anoop Desai (LW: 8) The Chapel Hill, North Carolina singer who fought his way to a co sixth place finish with Lil Rounds. Anoop should have lasted longer than the uninspiring and argumentative Rounds. Rounds was probably the most over hyped and under performing singer in this competition. Danny Gokey was pretty close though.

8) Kris Allen (LW: 10) He moved up on the strength of his fantastic performance of "Heartless". His version is so good and I'm going to be buying it soon. mjsbigblog has the rumor that he'll be singing with Keith Urban on "AI". He and Lambert will also be singing three times on Tuesday night. This week's three themes are The Contestants Favorite, Simon Fuller's pick and The Winner's song. That is the coronation song, and rumors have it being written by Kara Diaguardia. So it will be yet another janky coronation song. Let's hope this week is the last we'll ever hear of Miss Diagurdia.

7) Mishavonna Henson (LW: 7) One of the performances of this season that I bought was her "Drops of Jupiter".

6) Felicia Barton (LW: 6) She was the one that got the second chance when Joanna Pacitti was cut for having too close of ties with "AI" reps. I hope she has a chance to do something in the future.

5) Matt Giraud (LW: 5) If you haven't checked out his "Idolatry" interview videos, check them out. They're pretty entertaining. He was the beneficiary of the judges save this season. However he didn't have a strong enough fan base to move on much further.

4) Megan Corkrey (LW: 4) One of my favorite singers this season. She could have lasted longer but she made a poor choice when she sang that Bob Marley and Lauryn Hill song. Those are two artists who I love a lot but her version of that song was awful. Megan on the "AI" tour I highly recommend you don't sing that song. Although you should definitely sing "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree".

3) Alexis Grace (LW: 3) Every time I think about her, I'm still in a state of shock that she didn't even make the "AI" tour. Hopefully this is just the beginning of her career. When her first CD comes out I'm going to go buy it. She also has a few songs that are worthy of purchase from iTunes. Remember these songs will only be available for a limited time. I think her "Billie Jean" is the best of her songs.

2) Allison Iraheta (LW: 2) Another one of my favorite singers from this season. I would have loved Alexis Grace to made it further in this competition. She would have pushed Allison and that competition would have only made Allison better. Allison should be a superstar soon. According to mjsbigblog.com she's going to be singing a duet with Cyndi Lauper this week. That should be interesting. Also check out Michael Slezak's 5 part interview with her on "Idolatry". Both Slezak and I love the Iraheta flame throwing singer.

1) Adam Lambert (LW: 1) In about 85 hours from when I'm writing this blog he'll be the Season 8 winner of "American Idol". Rumors are that "AI" is trying to get David Bowie to sing a duet with Lambert. That would be interesting. Some early numbers I'm seeing is that Kris Allen is giving him a run for his money. I still think Lambert is going to win. I also think his debut CD is going to be decent. I still can't figure out what really bothers me about him. My Mom suggested it might be because he really loves himself. I don't get that sense though.

Apparently "AI" is going to try and get all the past winner's to appear on this week's episodes. Carrie Underwood and David Cook are already confirmed as two who'll be appearing. Other musicians set to appear include Carlos Santana, Lionel Richie and Black Eyed Peas. Can we also have Alicia Keys appear again? She's so gorgeous but let's have her sing this week. I suggest she could sing "Samsonite Man". This week is the finale of "American Idol" and I'm sort of glad it's going to be over. I need to take an "AI" break and I'm sure you do to. According to statcounter.com I've had 6 returning visitors. I would like to thank everyone for reading my blog, especially you six returning visitors. I've only had statcounter.com set up for a month.

Have a great week, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites