Sunday, May 24, 2009

Random musings

Hello,

Adam Lambert thinks he lost "AI" because he's gay. I hope not as it was a singing competition. (I know what you're thinking, then how did Danny Gokey get so far?) Sexual orientation shouldn't matter to people anymore. If people are going to be prejudiced against him because he's gay do you realize how stupid that is? Using that rational, they also shouldn't like Queen, Elton John, George Michael, Tennessee Williams, Judas Priest, Wanda Sykes, Cynthia Nixon, Ellen DeGeneres, Melissa Etheridge (I would mention Clay Aiken but who would claim him? Also it makes me laugh that Clay Aiken is calling out Adam Lambert. Please! I'm not even a fan of Lambert but Aiken doesn't even have one-tenth of his talent on a good day.)

My son is very excited about the No Doubt and Paramore concert we are going tomorrow night. It will be his first concert. I hope to take him to several more over those next several years. I'm as excited as he is and I'm looking forward to seeing both Paramore and No Doubt. I hope Paramore plays about a hour and I've read that No Doubt plays a 90 minute set.

I recently bought Nickelback's "Dark Horse". It's half-decent if not a little derivative. Apparently they only have one thing on their mind. It's "S.E.X." which conveniently is one of their song titles on that CD. It's not for everyone but it's definitely worth a listen. Check it out! After listening to this CD I'm still of the opinion that Nickelback is an alright band. Would I go see them live? Only if I got in free.

I haven't written a blog, other than mobile blogs, in almost a week. The reason why is because 55 of my hours each week is spent in travel time and actual time at Verizon Wireless. When I get home I have about 4 hours of time. I can do fun things but I also have kids to help take care of and other responsibilities around the house. This week I was working on a project with iTunes. I recently added my son's copy of "21st Century Breakdown" (review forthcoming) to my iTunes. Even though I recently got a new used computer I still have problems adding new music to iTunes. (If you are experiencing the same problem, here's a tip that mostly works for me. Only download one song at a time, for me a much higher majority of those songs play correctly for me.) Some of the songs play fine, but some don't. I also bought $24 worth of new music from the iTunes music store and again some songs played fine but some didn't. I've been deleting and re-adding songs all week trying to get them all to play. It's a very time consuming process, even though I know it doesn't sound like it would be. I've been working with DeLisa at iTunes music store who has been helping me with all the songs that I bought through them. Even after all our hard work I still can't get two of the songs to play right. I'm just giving up on those two songs, I'll just live without them.

Upcoming: reviews of Green Day's "21st Century Breakdown" and the No Doubt and Paramore concert tomorrow night. (Also be looking for mobile blogs tomorrow night.) I might try and see "Terminator: Salvation" tomorrow also. Have a good week, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites