Friday, May 8, 2009

"AI" Week 10 May 5th and 6th part 1

Hello,

I'm blogging from lunch. I have a hour lunch break at Verizon Wireless while I'm in training. It only takes a few minutes to eat so I usually have about 40 minutes of dead time. You may be wondering what I'm blogging from. VZW is pretty strict about computer use at work but is allowing my training group to use the Blackberry Curve while we are in training. I quickly figured out how to mobile blog with that, blogspot.com makes it very easy. I had to set it up and then to post a blog all I have to do is text what I blogged to a phone number. Seconds later it's posted to this blog. Very cool technology. I hoped to have a longer blog tonight, here it is.

Here's my longer blog although I don't have a lot of time. I have to go to bed in about 45 minutes. I'm not real excited about "AI" Season 8's final three of Adam, Danny and Kris. I understand why Adam is there. But Danny? Seriously! He sucks and what kind of CD would he make. I don't even think his CD would be as hip as David Archuleta's CD. I don't even think Danny Gokey will be able to open for Demi Lovato. Adam will win easily, I'm predicting he'll win in a blowout. Although I wasn't real excited about getting home and Lambert is on the cover of the latest Entertainment Weekly. I don't have anything against him and he's by far the best remaining contestant.

Before I get to the meat of this blog just a little preview of upcoming blogs. I'll be writing Part 2 of this blog, also a review of the Black Label Society concert and coming on Sunday my Top ? countdown for "American Idol". It should be obvious who'll be my number one. However I'm very dissatisfied with Danny and Kris making the Top 3 so I'm going to mix things up a bit.

This was a very disappointing week. I wish rock week was every week and I wish Slash was the mentor every week. BTW his new CD sounds like it's going to rock. He and his band will be backing up some of the biggest rock singers of all-time. (Although I'm guessing former band mates Axl Rose or Scott Weiland won't be singing on it.) It sounds like a very intriguing CD. I was fortunate to see both Slash and Zakk Wylde, two true rock gods play, though Slash was on TV. Kara D. those two are true rock gods.

1) Tuesday's performances show got off with a bang. Adam Lambert ripped through one of the best rock songs of all-time. That song being Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love", the first time a Led Zeppelin song has been performed on the "AI" stage. That was an excellent performance, although it was funny to hear a rumored gay man to sing those lyrics. He definitely had the best performance of the night. Grade: A+. Buy: No. That's no offense to Adam. I already have the original and it can't be topped. Adam is no slouch but no one can compare to the incomparable Robert Plant. He truly is the greatest singer of all-time.

Part 2 coming soon.

Have a great weekend and remember your Moms on Sunday, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites