Thursday, August 5, 2010

Arcade Fire- Live Review

Hello,

Arcade Fire performed on youtube.com on August 5th, it's a webcast from Madison Square Garden. Here's a song by song recap of the concert. The concert was suppose to start at 8:00, but it didn't start until 8:15. That 15 minutes was filled up by Terry Gilliam silliness. Yes the amazing director and former Monty Python member is directing the webcast. He's sort of goofy. That makes sense as a member of Monty Python but not so much as one of this generation's great directors.

1) Very appropriately Arcade Fire start off with the song "Ready To Start". That song is off their latest CD "The Suburbs". It's a bit of a snoozer but things are about to pick up. 3 stars

2) Next up is Neighborhood #2 (Laika) off the amazing "Funeral" CD. 5 stars

3) The amazing "No Cars Go" from "Neon Bible". One of the early highlights of their set, it fit well next to "Laika". 5 stars The technology isn't quite seamless yet, I missed about one-half of this song while it was buffering. But then I had no problem for the next few songs. I don't know if that is the actual webcast or just my computer. From the comments it seems like I'm not the only one who's having buffering issues.

4) They kept the momentum going with Funeral's "Haiti". 5 stars

5) Things slowed down a bit with "Empty Room". 3 stars

6) I'm not sure what the name of this song. According to setlists.com, this is "The Suburbs". "I'm moving past the feeling". 4 stars

7) Next up was "Crown of Love" from "Funeral". A classic break up song. "If you still want me, please forgive me". An amazing melancholy song. Dang it I missed part of this song. So far mostly singing, not much interaction with the fans. 4,5 stars

8) Next up is "Rococo", a very strange but entertaining song. 4 stars

9) Here comes "Intervention" with the line, "Working for the church while your family dies". This song comes from "Neon Bible". People are leaving comments, that helps me with the titles on the songs I don't know. I can pick what camera angle I want or can go with picture in picture. 4 stars

10) "We Used To Wait". If you couldn't figure out the title of this song, they sing it several times. It does get a little old, but nonetheless a good song. 3.5 stars

11) Another excellent, kick ass song. "Neighborhood # 3 (Power Out)". All the highlights of the show come from "Funeral". I love this song!!!!!!! 5 stars

I have no idea how to describe their music. It's not exactly mellow, but it doesn't exactly rock out either. A lot of songs there's that slow tension build up, but the song never fully busts out.

12)"Rebellion (Lies)" 5.0 stars, this show is really kicking butt. Again yet another great classic from "Funeral". By my count the 5th song from that classic CD.

From reading the comments, it's a worldwide audience.

13) My favorite song from "The Suburbs" (at least for now), "Month of May". 3.5 stars.

The lead singer, Win, must have gone to the Buckcherry school of concerts. He likes to use the f bomb a few times too much. It's such a cliche, like something you learn in Rock Star 101.

14) "Keep The Car Running", another great song. This song comes from "Neon Bible". 4 stars

Encore

15) "Neighborhood # 1 (Tunnels)" again from "Funeral". 5 stars

16) "Sprawl 2 (Mountains Beyond Mountains)". They play about the first minute, mess up the song and start over. This is from the new CD, "The Suburbs". This is my new favorite song from this CD. This is a very cool song. 5 stars.

This has been a very good show, can they release this as a live CD?

17) And the final song of the night is? I'll give you a hint, it's from "Funeral". Yes it's "Wake Up". 5.5 stars on a scale of 1 to 5 stars. Now I think I'll go listen to "Funeral". 7 songs were played from "Funeral" tonight.

youtube.com played a rebroadcast several minutes after the concert ended.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites