Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Crazy Heart", "I Don't Think Hank Done It This Way"

Hello,

I watched "Crazy Heart" last night and it was alright. Although there should be a warning at the start of the movie stating: "No cliche was harmed in the filming of this movie". Let's see the old country singer living out the rest of his life boozing, smoking and chasing women. The original songs in the movie were enjoyable. But about 2/3rds of the way through this movie the following song played:



This song blows all those other songs out of the water. Waylon Jennings and his classic "I Don't Think Hank Done It This Way". Jennings one of those old classic country music singers whose music still has an impact. Some of the greatest music of all-time was made by him, Johnny Cash ("Ring of Fire"), Merle Haggard "I Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink" and many others.



I hear you young kids out there thinking "this music is lame and means nothing to me". All I can say to you is wait until you've been around the block a few times. If I was a drinker, "I Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink" could have been my theme song the last few months.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites