Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"Horns" Review, "Matterhorn" first 25 pages

HornsHorns by Joe Hill

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I'd actually give this book 4.5 stars. It's about Ig Perrish and how after a night of debauchery he wakes up with two horns on his head. He's not exactly the devil but he turns into a devil like human. Unbelievably in the midst of this story there's a very sweet love story. Ig and Merrin, they sort of get sidetracked though. A nice ending that ties up all the loose ends and the end feels right.

Hill is the son of Stephen King, but he doesn't mention a word about that. I look forward to reading his other books.

View all my reviews

I started reading Karl Marlantes "Matterhorn" tonight. My first impression is this book starts out slowly. However I'm going to stick with it as I've only read about the first 25 pages so far. I will give it at least 100 pages to pull me in. All I've read is great reviews about the book. I'll keep you posted.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites