Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Reason Why Divorce Is So Expensive!

Hello,

Before I get to the main part of this blog, I have a couple of other things to write about. I appreciate you looking at my blog. However if the music that starts up is annoying to you, just go to the bottom of this page and you can turn off the music. The player used to be at top, now it's at the bottom. I'll check and see if that's something I can change.

My main purpose for this blog is to bring to your attention great music. No it's not for me to whine about my personal life.

The following is Serena Ryder's "All For Love". I'm sorry for the bad sound, but this is a great song and I love her voice. This was an iTunes free Discovery Download.



Here's another great song, Stephen Kellogg's "4th of July":



Now on to the part about why divorce is so expensive. On Thursday I was just chilling at my job. I heard one of the instructors yell down the hall, "Do you know why divorce is so expensive?". He then provided the answer, "because it's worth it".

I've been thinking about that a lot since Thursday. My initial response was no it isn't. But after thinking about it the last few days my answer is still no it isn't. Now there are valid reasons why my ex-wife divorced me. I'm not saying anything against that. And the financial expense may be worth it to her.

But although the divorce may have been necessary, I don't think I would say it's worth it. First of all I don't think it's worth the physic scars that our kids, my ex-wife and myself now have from that. Some of those scars will go away in time, but some of those scars will be with us forever.

Not only the physic scars but all the financial downsides. Every time I drive up to my family's house and see the For Sale sign on it I'm not thinking it was worth it. I'm also very sad about it. I keep on hoping a miracle will happen and they can live there for as long as they want to. My kids seem to be dealing with the divorce as well as possible, but is it worth it? (This was so much clearer in my mind when I was thinking about it. Now it's coming out a jumbled mess.) All of us will have to move into different houses and live with the parents, which isn't a great situation for anyone.

I don't mind paying child support, if I could I'd pay more. In my therapist's and my opinion, the longer the kids can live in their house, the better. They are probably going to start out in one school and then have to move during the school year. Is that worth it? Just another downside to the divorce. If I could change one thing about the whole divorce, it would be that my family still could live in their house. (No I wouldn't change the divorce, because our time has obviously come and gone.)

Another downside for me of the divorce is that I'm going to have to get a second job. (I can hear you out there saying, "stop being a wussy, it won't kill you to have two jobs".) That won't be the worst thing in the world. I figure if I have to get a second job I'm going to get a job at a place I want to work. I would have had an interview with the local library this past Tuesday, but they were only doing interviews when I was at my other job. They said they would call back in a few weeks.

I'm having faith in the Lord that he will guide me to a good second job. All I know is I need a second job so that I can pay all my financial obligations. I'll be very grateful for getting a second job, but another downside will be I'll probably have to be at work some of those times when I'll be able to see my kids. So in taking care of them the best that I can, ironically I'll see them less. Is it worth it?

With so much of my money going to my kids, there is no way I'm going to be able to move out of their house for many years. The cost of divorce is expensive in many ways, not only financially. Divorce is needed, but my experience it's not worth it.

Please comment if you would like to. I didn't do very well explaining this like I want to.

Now on to much less serious and important things: "Mad Men" is on tonight!

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites