Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thank You

Hello,

It looks like I'll be going to the Nickelback/Three Days Grace/Buckcherry concert with my oldest son. I've been listening to Buckcherry's music a lot the last couple of days. Although their lyrics are of the lowest common denominator variety, they are actually a pretty good band. I really like this song:



rollingstone.com and ew.com both have links to streams of Taylor Swift's new song. It's titled "Mine" and it's another instant smash. It goes to radio on August 16th. And if you are wondering, yes it's a love song.

Again tonight is the Arcade Fire concert from Madison Square Garden, it will be live on youtube.com. This is the second of the Arcade Fire's concerts from MSG, and rollingstone.com gave last night's concert high praise. themusicaddict will be enjoying it.

It looks like Nigel Lythgoe will return to "American Idol" as a producer. I was excited about this at first. Previously he said that if he returned he'd want all new judges and a three judge panel. I agree with both of those things. However now that he's officially back with the show, he's changing his tune. Now he's saying he'd like to have Paula Abdul come back (please no!). He also confirmed that "Idol" is in talks with Steven Tyler (please no) and J Lo (I'd be fine with her). Although Shania Twain would be better than any of those three.

Then Lythgoe's worst news is he indicated that Randy Jackson would still have a place on the panel. Really? Jackson is a survivor, you've got to give that to him. Kids here's a lesson: if you don't know what a word means, don't use it. Lythgoe called Jackson the show's "barnacle". I think Lythgoe probably meant foundation or rock, but I think barnacle is a good description. According to dictionary.com a barnacle is "a person or thing that clings tenaciously". It also seems that "AI" is clinging tenaciously to Jackson and I have no idea why. Although I would say Abdul is more of a barnacle to "AI" than Jackson is.

I don't think Kara the Terrible is coming back. The only time we seem to hear about her is when the press is noting that we haven't heard anything about her. I so hope this is the last season of the show, I don't know how much of it I'm going to be watching. This show is like a car without an engine, it's dead on the side of the freeway. Take it to the junkyard already!

Also while I was praying last night I felt prompted to write my blog of thanks to all the many people I owe thanks too. So here goes:

I would like to thank my Heavenly Father for all his blessings He has provided me with. I would also like to thank Jesus and the Holy Ghost for all the goodness, guidance and blessings they've provided in my life. I would like to thank them for the inspiration to write this blog and realize how blessed I am.

I feel like Alanis Morrissette in this song and video, very grateful for all my blessings.



First of all I want to thank my Mom and Dad for bringing me into this world (and not taking me back out as the old Bill Cosby joke goes.) They've been behind me all 43 years of my life. I'd especially like to thank my Mom for the constant and unwavering support throughout my whole life.

I would also like to thank my brother and sister-in-law for all the financial support they've provided to my family over the years. With their help we've been able to live a better life. My sister-in-law was going to have a chance to go to the new Cowboys Stadium. She's in Dallas a lot for work. I hope she was able to go and took some cool pictures.

I would also like to thank my ex-wife for all she has done for me. She was a good wife and for much of our marriage a good support system as well. She also brought into the world our 4 wonderful kids who bring much happiness into my life. I'll never forget how brave my ex-wife was when she gave birth to our fourth child in a bathtub. That was easily the most amazing experience I've ever been part of.

I would like to thank my kids for all the joy they bring to my life. I get to hang out with them Friday to Sunday this weekend. I love my oldest boy for how helpful he can be and for when he's nice to his little brothers and sister. I love my second oldest boy for how he's not afraid of work and how he's his Grandpa's biggest helper. I love my daughter for her zaniness and her intense love of Justin Bieber. I hope someday I can start going to concerts with her too. Just maybe not Justin Bieber. Finally I love my youngest boy for how much fun he is and for how easily it is for him to say "I love you".

I would also like to thank my friends and church leaders I've had over the years. Both have been instrumental for many of the good traits I have. Without their unyielding support I would be in a much more perilous state. Thanks to the influence of friends and the LDS Church for helping me to not enter into some harmful activities that have sunk so many other people. (I'm really trying not to preach here, these are just things I'm thankful for.)

I would also like to thank my previous employer for firing me. That led to a complete change in my life. Due to a still struggling marriage, it wasn't a job I could quit. Although I was terrible at that job. Thankfully they fired me. That was good but sadly was probably the final straw in my marriage and led to the divorce. I think the divorce was coming soon anyway, the firing just made it happen sooner. That was good for my ex-wife and I, it provided a fresh start for both of us. Also with my previous employer firing me, that made me available for a job with Ambassador Bookstores. That's a job that's a great fit for me. It's better in 90% of things than my previous job. Thank you previous employer and Ambassador Bookstores. I just realized today is my 4 month anniversary at Ambassador. Thanks Steve and Beth for being my references.

I would like to thank the creative people of world. I would like to thank the great authors, the great singers etc for all the joy and entertainment they bring to my life. I'd also like to thank all the great athletes and teams I've followed all my life. Although they've provided some frustration for me, all the good times have been worth it. Nothing was better than seeing my beloved Cowboys win 3 Super Bowls in 4 years. Thanks Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvan and Jimmy Johnson. I would also like to thank the Cowboys in advance for winning the Super Bowl this season.

Thanks to all the people I've worked with over the years. Many of the greatest times of my life and many of the greatest people I've met have been through work. I will never forget some of the great times I enjoyed at Dicks Market. My 17.5 years there were filled with so many good memories I couldn't even be able to think of them all. I would like to thank all my bosses and for all they did for me. I know that I can be a lot to handle as I'm in constant need of expressing my opinion, consequences be damned. Thanks again to all my bosses and fellow employees.

I'd like to thank all the pets I've had in my life. From Snoopy a dog that my Mom came home with and surprised us with when my brother and I were young. To the next dog I bought, Hoover. I also enjoy the laziest dog in the world Cody and the most attention deprived dog in the world (she thinks) Sadie. I'm even grateful for the cats I've had: 8 Lives, Cadigan and Sara. Since the divorce I haven't been able to see Cody, Sadie, Cadigan and Sara very much. I miss them too.

Thanks to my ex-brother-in-law for letting me use his car for two years. That was awesome and I'm glad I was able to give it back while it still is running.

I would also like to thank all those people who have helped me over the years that I've failed to mention here.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites