Monday, June 6, 2016

themusicaddict's 68th Greatest 80's Musician in the 106 Greatest 80's Musicians: Are Huey Lewis and the News the Ultimate Summer Band? (Finished October 10th, 2016)

Hello,

As I was listening to songs from Huey Lewis and the News, I wondered if they are the ultimate 80's summer band. Their songs evoke so much of what makes summer great- their songs are fun, upbeat, full of energy and makes whatever one is doing even more fun. The fact that the song "The Power of Love" and the movie "Back To The Future" fit so well together is no coincidence. Both are perfect for summer time. Huey Lewis and the News have so many other songs that fit so well with summer also.

Even Huey Lewis and the News album titles evoke summer, "Fore", "Sports" and "Hard At Play".

Obviously the Beach Boys are probably the ultimate summer band of all-time. It's doubtful that the Huey Lewis and the News are the ultimate's 80's summer band. But off the top of my head I can't think of any one more fitting- although I'm sure a few bands will come to my head.

"The Power of Love":


Just hearing this song again and remembering how much I love it. "Do You Believe In Love" (Well do ya?):



"Back In Time":



"Heart and Soul":



Although summer is a great time, most of us are still "Workin' For A Livin'":


Even the sad songs don't sound that sad, "If This Is It":


"It's Alright":



"Hip To Be Square":



"Stuck With You":



"Doing It All For My Baby":



"Jacob's Ladder":



"Bad Is Bad":



Two songs from their self-titled 1980 CD, which is much better than you'd expect. That's despite it doesn't have any hits on it. "Some of My Lies Are True (Sooner or Later)":



"Hearts":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites