Monday, December 19, 2016

Some of the Best Country Songs of the 80's (Part 1)

Hello,

With it being the Christmas season, and a new "Star Wars" movie coming out (Go see "Rogue One") and not having enough time to listen to as much music as I would like I've hit a roadblock on my Top 106 Greatest 80's artists. My last band on that countdown that I've published a blog for is the Rolling Stones at #49. Musicians coming up soon include the thing at the end of a pencil, a vital organ, The Boss, The Thin White Duke, The Acid Queen and poisonous arachnids.

With a few extra days coming up hopefully I can listen to all the 80's era CDs of these upcoming bands and then I'll be able to resume my countdown. On my Top 106 countdown there's only one country band, there should have been more. However I already spent enough time on my 80's countdown, so I just went with that. Thus my next couple of blogs are going to be some of the best country songs of the 80's. In no way is this to be considered a comprehensive list, there are just too many great country songs.

Many of these songs have been on my blogs multiple times previously- to paraphrase Alabama "you can't keep a good song down".

George Jones "He Stopped Loving Her Today" (1980):


Keith Whitley "When You Say Nothing At All" (1988):


Keith Whitley "I'm No Stranger To The Rain" (1988):


Willie Nelson "Always On My Mind" (1982):


The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band "Fishin' In The Dark" (1987):


Teri Gibbs "Somebody's Knockin" (1981):


Mel McDaniel "Louisiana Saturday Night" (1980):


George Strait "You Look So Good In Love" (1983):


George Strait's "The Chair" (1985):


Clint Black "Killin' Time" (1989):


Clint Black "Better Man" (1989):


Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard "Pancho and Lefty" (1983):


Kenny Rogers "Through The Years" (1981) :


Reba McEntire "Whoever's In New England" (1986):


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites