Monday, December 12, 2016

Inspired by Netflix's "The Get Down" Part 1 featuring the Queen of Disco Donna Summer (Finished December 13th, 2016)

Hello,

As the title indicates this blog entry is inspired by the new Netflix show "The Get Down". This blog will feature mostly disco. Although rap was breaking out in the late 70's, I couldn't find many amazing rap songs from that period. I spent some time looking for them too. After "Devil's Gun" are the best 5 rap songs from the late 70's era that I could find.

This is a great song I had never heard until episode 1 of "The Get Down":

C.J. & Co's "Devil's Gun":


Sugarhill Gang "Rapper's Delight":


Newcleus "Jam On It":


Divine Sounds "What People Do For Money":


Sugarhill Gang "Apache (Jump On It)":


Fatback Band "(Are You Ready) Do The Bus Stop":


In my not so humble opinion, this is the absolute best rap song ever created. Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five "White Lines":


The Dazz Band "Let It Whip":


This song actually was one of the first song that brought rap into the mainstream, Blondie's "Rapture":


My favorite song growing up, Blondie's "Heart of Glass":


Lipps Inc. "Funky Town":


All of these amazing songs are by Miss Donna Summer, R.I.P. Queen:

"Bad Girls":


"Hot Stuff":


"Last Dance":


"MacArthur Park":


"Heaven Knows":


"Dim All The Lights":


"No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)":


"On The Radio":


I'll start working on Part 2 tonight.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites