Monday, December 5, 2016

The Greatest One Hit Wonders of 80's Movies and Television Part 1

Hello,

I, as well as I'm sure hundreds of others, say you can find whatever you want on the internet and amazon. I was looking for a website that had a list of 80's movies/television shows with hit songs by one hit artists. It took some work, but I finally stumbled on the website onehitwondercenter.com. Thanks to them and all the other websites I researched. I've taken a few liberties. Some of the below musicians aren't traditional one hit wonders, some are big stars that sang a one off duet and other various combinations. Also some bands are well known bands that only had one official hit, but had a lot of great songs that didn't chart. And I'll be honest some songs weren't even hits, they are great songs.

Teena Marie "Lead Me On" (from "Top Gun"):


Riggs "Heartbeat" (from "Heavy Metal"):


Okay he may have been a little known 70's/ 80's country rock band called the Eagles. Do you remember them? But as a solo artist, this is Don Felder's best song. "Heavy Metal (Takin' A Ride)" (from "Heavy Metal"):


The next four kinda sorta one hit wonders are all from "Valley Girl"- these songs were taken from the the two "Valley Girl" soundtracks.

One of the greatest songs ever Modern English "I Melt With You":


Felony "The Fanatic":


Total Coelo "I Eat Cannibals":


The Jam "Town Called Malice":


The Belle Stars "Iko Iko" (from "Rainman"):


These two songs are from "Vision Quest":
Red Rider "Lunatic Fringe":


He sang both with Black Sabbath, had a very successful solo career and sang with many other bands. But he never had an official hit, but this is just a damn good song. Dio's "Hungry For Heaven":


These three songs are from "Dirty Dancing", the music is a lot better than the movie.

I'm trying to forget what the Black Eyed Peas did to this song. Bill Medley was a Righteous Brother and Jennifer Warnes had another big hit with Joe Cocker (see part 2). Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes "I've Had (The Time Of My Life)":


He sang with the Raspberries and had another hit with the excellent "Make Me Lose Control". Eric Carmen "Hungry Eyes":


Patrick Swayze "She's Like The Wind" (featuring Wendy Fraser):


Now let's do the TV songs
Mike Post "Hill Street Blues" Theme:


That sax solo kills me every time!! Billy Vera and the Beaters "At This Moment" ("Family Ties"):


"Friends and Lovers" (from "One Life To Live") :


Jan Hammer "Miami Vice" Theme:


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites