Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Inspired by Netflix's "The Get Down", Part 2: The All-Star Disco Playlist featuring The Bee Gees, Chic and Earth, Wind and Fire

Hello,

If you are looking for music by Donna Summer, I've included 8 of the Disco Queen's greatest hits in my previous blog.

There are very few musicians I think of when I think of Disco. When I think of country twenty names jump to mind. When I think of rock fifty names jump to mind. But when I think of Disco I think of Donna Summer, The Bee Gees, Earth, Wind and Fire and then quite a few one hit wonders. Sure there's The Village People and Chic, but I don't know if those artists would have broke out if it wasn't for Disco. Disco music didn't lead to long careers. The Bee Gees were big stars before Disco hit and then faded away. Then they caught the Disco wave and surged forward again.

First up a selection of songs from Earth Wind & Fire:

"Boogie Wonderland":


"September":


"Let's Groove":


"Gratitude":


"Shining Star":


The Bee Gees:

"Stayin' Alive":


"Night Fever":


"Jive Talkin'":


"You Should Be Dancing":


"Nights On Broadway":


"More Than A Woman":


"Tragedy":


Chic:
"Good Times":


"Le Freak":



"Dance Dance Dance (Yowsah Yowsah Yowsah)":



And the song I thought was by Chic, the S.O.S.'s "Take Your Time (Do It Right)":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites