Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Inspired by Netflix's "The Get Down", Part 3: Some of the One Hit Wonders

Hello,

Unless I'm spectacularly inspired this will be my last Disco blog for awhile, I promise.

I know I had this on my first "The Get Down" blog, but I wanted to hear this song again. It's just such a great song and I would so love to go to Funky Town. And let's just pretend the Pseudo Echo version never happened. Lipps Inc. "Funky Town":


Maxine Nightingale "Right Back Where We Started From":


The Trammps "Disco Inferno":


Wild Cherry's "Play That Funky Music":


A Taste Of Honey "Boogie Oogie Oogie":


A Taste of Honey isn't a one hit wonder, they also had a massive hit with one of the best ballads of all-time. "Sukiyaki":


Tavares "Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel":


Alicia Bridges "I Love The Nightlife":


Anita Ward "Ring My Bell":



Gloria Gaynor "I Will Survive":



Carl Douglas "Kung Fu Fighting":



Vicki Sue Robinson "Turn The Beat Around":



Ohio Players "Love Rollercoaster":



Amii Stewart "Knock On Wood":



Sister Sledge "We Are Family":



"Ain't No Stopping Us Now":
"Got To Be Real":
Patrick Hernandez "Born To Be Alive":



The Three Degrees "The Runner":



"Superstition":
"Ball of Confusion":
"Can't Get Next To You":
"Don't Stop The Music":
"Shake Your Groove Thing":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites