Thursday, December 8, 2016

themusicaddict's review of Kevin T. John's "M School"

Hello,

This is my review of Kevin T. Johns "M School". Due to previous reviews on amazon.com, Kevin contacted me via e-mail requesting that I read his book. He provided a free copy and all he asked was my honest review of his book.

Who is Lilith Delaney and what is M School? Lilith Delaney is a seemingly normal high school student. The more we get to know her, we quickly realize how abnormal she is. Lilith is like most of us. The feelings and emotions that most of us have to attach us one to the other are attributes that Lilith doesn't have. To her people aren't people, they are a means to an end. Lilith isn't completely unfeeling, she just doesn't feel an attachment to people.

Is there a place for these kind of people to go to find their own kind? Why yes there are, there's a place called Murder School, shorted to M School. I know your wondering, just what is Murder School? Murder is an acronym for Munitions, Undercover, Recognizance, Defense, Engagement and Retaliation. And what do people learn at this school? Well if you don't know yet, read the previous sentence.

I'm glad to say that I can give this book a very positive review. It starts out a bit slow, but at about the halfway point the book turns on the jets. It heads to an exciting ending, although the ending is a bit clunky. It's definitely not an predictable ending and there are plenty of surprises to be had.

Would I recommend this book to friends and family? The answer is yes and no. This book isn't for everyone. I also think the female teenager heroine thing has been a bit overplayed. However Lilith is one of a kind of character. Although she may not want be the friendliest person in the world, she definitely sucks you in. I wanted to see her expand out of her shell, I wanted her to become a better person as she went through her M School training. I wanted that so much for her. Well you'll have to read this book to find out.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give this book a 8.5. Again, but it's not a book for everyone. If you like action, revenge, spy craft this just might be the book for you. If you want to read this book, it's available at amazon.com for only $2.99. Add it to your collection and let me and the author know what you think.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites