Tuesday, December 26, 2017

(Finished December 27th, 2017) 1978: Some of The Best Songs of All Genres

Hello,

This is a mix of some of the obscure and very well known songs of 1978. Sometimes a song can be represented by two years.

According to Wikipedia.org this song is the best selling song of 1978. I hadn't ever heard or heard of this song. How could suck an allegedly popular song remain so obscure?

 Boney M "Rivers of Babylon":


Another song I hadn't heard of, but I'm trying to expand my music appreciation. 

The Motors "Airport ":


Now here's a stone cold classic, without a doubt. Gerry Rafferty "Baker Street":


Rachel Sweet "B-A-B-Y":


Cliff Richard "Can't Take The Hurt Anymore":


One of my favorite songs from the entire 70s, even Barry jumped into the Disco craze. Barry Manilow "Copacabanca (At The Copa)":



One of the best 70's ballads, Miss Warwick is uber talented. Dionne Warwick "Deja Vu":


Sniff 'n' The Tears "Driver's Seat":


Chic "Everybody Dance":


Chris Rea "Fool (If You Think It's Over)":


Earth Wind and Fire "Got To Get You Into My Life" (Live):


"Got To Get You Into My Life" (Studio):


Blondie "Hanging on The Telephone":


I had to listen to a bit of this song before I remembered it's a well known song. Gino Vannelli "I Just Wanna Stop":


Leif Garrett "I Was Made For Dancing":



Bonnie Tyler "It's A Heartache":


Donna Summer "Last Dance":


Walter Egan "Magnet & Steel":


Evelyn King "Shame":


David Gilmour "There's No Way":



Jay Ferguson "Thunder Island":



Nick Lowe "I Love The Sound of Breaking Glass":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites