Saturday, December 9, 2017

(Finished December 8th, 2017) themusicaddict's Top 106 Greatest 80's Era Musician Top Ten Preview: Prince

Hello,

Like the Michael Jackson blog I published previously, this is a collection of live performances of an artist that's in my Top 10 musicians of the 106 Greatest 80's. For this blog, its the amazing musician, song writer and genius Prince Rogers Nelson. He's better known as Prince, not as well known as TAFKAP. Also most of the original members of one of Prince's earliest bands, The Revolution, have been touring this year as well. I'll include some of their live performances from the last couple of years as well. I'll be featuring both songs and full concerts.

Medley:


This is allegedly a full concert from back in 1982, which is when Prince was still early in his career:


Prince covering Radiohead's "Creep":


Prince full concert 1988 from Germany:


A not so crazy "Let's Go Crazy" in 2015:


"America":


"Musicology" on the Jay Leno show with a disapproving Mel Gibson looking on:


For those of you who don't know The Revolution was the backing band for Prince with Purple Rain and other of his classic CDs. Here's the best selections from The Revolution in 2017. 

"I Would Die For U":


"Take Me With U":



One of his more recent and lesser known songs, but still a great, great song. "She's Always In My Hair":



"Baby I'm A Star":



"Kiss":



"Joy In Repetition":



"Electric Chair":



The Brit Awards, 2006:



A slowed down cover of "Crimson and Clover":



Prince in 2000:



Prince was notorious for changing the melodies and arrangements in his songs when playing live. Sometimes it worked, other times it didn't. The Revolution play closer to the original arrangements, aka the classic arrangements. For me I would rather see the Revolution live than when Prince was alive.

The Revolution songs...

I love the bass in this song. "Computer Blue":



"When Doves Cry":



 Yeah, I don't know what that crinkly sound is, but I do know it's annoying. "Let's Go Crazy/ Computer Blue/ America"":



"Purple Rain":



"Little Red Corvette":



"1999":




themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites