Thursday, April 4, 2019

(Finished April 4th, 2019) themusicaddict's Season 17 "American Idol" Top 20, 20 to 11

Hello,

I freely admit that I have a preference for the ladies on "American Idol". This is after their Top 20 performances on April 1st, 2019. I plan on publishing Part 2 tomorrow.

The please I can't hear their stories any more group, someone save me.

 Can we please, please send him home already. Yes, he does have a distinctive voice, but that's all. 20) Wade Cota sang Kodaline's "All I Want". I watched this video and the I wonder how much the video's storyline played into Cota picking this song? Trending: down

Maybe Wade can lose a bunch of weight and be next year's version of Ryan Hammond. This is the song I want Wade to sing as he leaves soon:


19) Ryan Hammond sang Lauren Daigle's "You Say".  I love, love, love Lauren Daigle, but I hated Hammond's version of this song. His performance of this song pales in comparison to the original. Trending: down

18) Logan Johnson sang City and Colour's "Love Don't Live Here Anymore". This is a remake of Madonna's much better version, which was a remake of a Rose Royce song. I like Logan Johnson's voice, but this song was a terrible song selection. I expect him to bounce back, but this was a low point for his "AI" journey. And he thankfully doesn't have a sad story that needs to be flogged over and over and over again. Trending at the same level.

Madonna's version:


17) Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon sang Bob Dylan's "To Make You Feel My Love". I actually liked his performance of this song. But can we please stop beating his story into the ground? Seriously we don't need an update on whether he's a janitor at his father's church ever again. It's "American Idol" not "American Janitor". Also can we stop the Katy Perry and Jeremiah bonding over being pastor's kids? Trending at the same level.

The five men and one woman group, none of who have overwhelmed me yet. I'm not sure how some of these people got in the Top 20. 

16) Dimitrius Graham sang Adele's "Hello". Thankfully we don't have to hear the same sad story with him each week. But that's the best that can be said about him. Trending at the same level.

15) Walker Burroughs sang The Bee Gees "How Deep Is Your Love", his version is nowhere as good as the original. I mean it's not even close. However I do like Walker, he's just got to pick it up if he wants to continue in the competition. Trending at the same level.


14) Alejandro Aranda sang Post Malone's "I Fall Apart". I hate Post Malone's version and I hate Aranda's version, which makes sense as it's not that good of a song. I know that the judges love him, but Aranda leaves me cold. He's a decent singer and very talented musician, but he just leaves me cold. It feels like he was given a gift, but didn't have to work for it. Thus he has no passion or grit for it. I know that we will have to endure him at least a few more weeks. Trending at the same level.

13) Uche sang Jessie Reyez's "Figures". I think Uche is okay, but he needs to gain a lot of humility. He ain't all that. My favorite performance of his was when he sang Wild Cherry's "Play That Funky Music". Or I should say that one minute where he actually sang the song, the rest was a Uche having a Uche moment. Trending at the same level.

12) Shawn Robinson sang Nick Jonas' "Jealous". The original song and Robinson's cover are the very definition of meh. I like Robinson's voice and some of the notes he hit. However I hope he picks a much better song next time. I don't think he'll finish in the Top Ten, but I believe he'll be around a couple more weeks. Trending: up.

How about the legend Stevie Wonder's "I Wish":


Look its our first female. 11) Evelyn Cormier sang a tortured version of John Denver's "Leaving on A Jet Plane". I mean that's a great song, at least the version I hear in my head. Although I can't find a great version of "Leaving", but Cormier's version might have been the worst version I've ever heard. Trending at the same level.

I was disappointed by the Peter, Paul and Mary and John Denver's version, this is my favorite version. Take it away Chantal:


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites