Monday, April 15, 2019

(Finished April 15th, 2019) Top 20 Season 14 American Idols Following Solo Performances

Hello,

I'm writing this before finding out who the Top Ten Idols for Season 17 will be.

Last week 20, this week 14) Alejandro Aranda sang "One Dance" by Drake ft. Wiz Kid and Kyla. To me this is a boring song and was a boring performance. Points for trying something different, but it just didn't work. I'll admit it I just don't get the whole Alejandro thing. Status: down

Last week 3, this week 13) Wade Cota sang Ray LaMontagne's "Trouble". There's not a whole lot to that song and it's sorta boring. He probably peeked on this countdown last week by soaring to # 3. His "Broken" last week was pretty darn good, but it was back to his uninspiring level with his LaMontagne cover. Lionel called him "the hammer", what does that even mean? Luke said it was a "spiritual" moment, um, no it wasn't. Status: down

Last week 19, this week 12) Uche sang Bruno Mars "Finesse". He admits he's not the "best singer", he's so right about that. Also his story is he got picked on in high school? Um, really? Uche has some nice dance moves, I'll give him that. Unfortunately he's incredibly annoying. Status: down

Last week 11, this week 11) Laci Kaye Booth sang a tortured version of Blink-182's "I Miss You", ick. I wish she would sang another of Blink's songs. I gave this a whole lot of meh. Status: =

 Last week 9, this week 10) Ashley Hess sang one of Coldplay's best songs "Fix You". I continue to expect a break out performance, I'm starting to think it's not going to come. If she makes to next week perhaps she should sing a rocker. She needs to bring some spice to her performances. I'll say I loved her dress and she was looking pretty good. She also has amazing eyes and I love her voice. 
Status: down

Last week 6, this week 9) Walker Burroughs "Climb Ev'ry Mountain" from "The Sound Of Music". I admit I don't know this song. After this show I listened to the original and I think Walker's version is the best version. But I still think it's a boring song. Although Walker indeed was looking snazzy, as Lionel said he was "dressed for GQ". Status: =

Last week 8, this week 8) Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon singing Elton John's "We All Fall In Love". Really we have to endure his story again, yawn. Hey did you know that Ryan Hammond lost a lot of weight? I know he was eliminated last week, I just didn't want you to forget that important fact. Status: =

Last week 4, this week 7) Laine Hardy sang Elvis's "That's All Right". Forgive the pun, but he's staying in his lane. I like the rasp in his voice. Maybe next week he can break out of his lane a bit more. Again it was a good performance, but couldn't he have sang a rockin' version of "Don't Be Cruel". I think that song would have better shown his personality. Status: =

Last week 7, this week 6) Dimitrius Graham sang Ed Sheeran's "Perfect". I didn't like his look, he was wearing an ugly ear ring and an ugly outfit. His performance was okay and got better as the song went on. That's just a great song and honestly that helped his overall rating. Status: =

Last week 17, this week 5) Alyssa Raghu sang Sara Bareilles' "She Used To Be Mine". Honestly I'm not a big fan of the song but I love Alyssa's performance. She also looks great in that very pretty dress. She looks like a star. Status: up, way up.

Last week 5, this week 4) Eddie Island sang Elton John's "Bennie and the Jets". I thought his performance was good, but could have been better. I didn't love the arrangement. But he continues to remain one of my favorite contestants and hope to see him for a few more weeks. I don't think he's going to win, he's just too quirky. That outfit fit perfectly with his personality. Status: up

Last week 2, this week 3) Evelyn Cormier sang Jimmy Eat World's "The Middle". Another solid performance by the alumnus of "90 Day Fiance". She's looking and sounding good and she's starting to grow on me. Status: up

Last week 18, this week 2) Madison Vandenburg sang Alicia Keys amazing "Fallin'" and she nailed it. I'm glad she finally broke out and came close to her potential. Now if she could only sit down and give Ashley some tips. And with the hair and her outfit, she for some reason reminded me of Meat Loaf. But again a great performance and it was an inspired song choice. Status: up.

Last week 10, this week 1) Riley Thompson sang Sara Evans "Suds In The Bucket". Wow! Honestly I think she and Laci Kaye are interchangeable. If I had to pick I would have thought that Laci Kaye was the better of the two. However this was the best performance of the night by a comfortable margin. Like Evelyn, Riley is growing on me. She looks great and has the hottest Mom on the show. Status: up.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites