Wednesday, April 3, 2019

(Finished April 3rd, 2019) Some of The Best Songs on "American Idol"

Hello,

These are some of the best songs on "American Idol". This isn't the best performances by American Idols, no it's just simply the best songs sung on "Idol". This blog was inspired by Evelyn Cormier singing "Leaving On A Jet Plane". I hated her version, but that's an amazing song.

So many of the comments on this YouTube video are about young men who were on their way to Vietnam. Thanks to all those that served America, especially those that died in that mistake of a war. 1) Peter, Paul and Mary "Leaving On The Jet Plane":


Jordin Sparks amazing version is what alerted me to this amazing songs. 2) Shirley Bassey "I (Who Have Nothing)":


Carrie Underwood tore up this song in one of "American Idol'" best performances.
3) Heart's "Alone":


I have no idea why an amateur singer would even take on a Whitney song, there's only one Whitney. 4) Whitney Houston "I Have Nothing":


5) Phil Collins "Against All Odds (Take It Look At Me Now)":


Oh Bumbly I love, love, love your voice. There were parts of your performance of this song I liked, but overall it wasn't your best performance. Perhaps like Whitney songs, maybe amateur singers shouldn't take on Mariah's songs? 6) Mariah Carey "Vision of Love":


Siobhan Magnus killed her cover of 7) Aretha's "Think":



8) The Queen of Soul's "(You Make Me Feel Like A) Natural Woman":


I think Jason Castro's version of 9) "Hallelujah" might be my favorite performance ever, but I like Jeff Buckley's version as well:


I loved Megan Joy's rebel soul and her take on 10) KT Tunstall's "Black Horse and A Cherry Tree":



Any song that Crystal Bowersox chose to sing was a version I loved. #mamasox4eva 
11) Gladys Knight and The Pips "Midnight Train To Georgia":


12) "I Say A Little Prayer":


13) "Save The Best For Last":


14) "Stuff Like That There":



I liked, not loved, Eddie Island's cover of 15) The Lumineers "Ho Hey":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites