Saturday, April 6, 2019

(Finished April 20th, 2019) The Best of Ballads, Part 1

Hello,

If there were no ballads, how many less people would there be on this world? How many people wouldn't have that sad song that they can relate with, the song they hear the lyrics and think that it perfectly applies to their life. And sometimes you just want a ballad for the mood you're in. Here are some of my all-time favorite ballads. I thought of amazing ballads I've heard over the years, googled a few websites that have great ballads and also looked a bit through my own iTunes. On some of those lists I googled there were songs that were listed as ballads that I don't think are ballads. While I do love Guns N' Roses "November Rain", in my opinion that's not a ballad. Thus I'll be focusing on posting ballads, not almost ballads.

1) The Carpenters "Superstar":


This is the first song I thought of when I thought of ballads. 2) The Commodores "Still":


3) Bread "Everything I Own":


One of the best ballads over the last several years. 4) John Legend with the spectacular Lindsey Sterling "All of Me":


5) Lady Antebellum "Need You Now":


6) Fergie "Clumsy":


7) Taylor Swift "Love Story":


That mournful sax starting at 4:27 gets me every time. 8) Dan Fogelberg "Auld Lang Syne":


9) Norah Jones "Don't Know Why":


10) Dido "Hunter":


11) Poison "Every Rose Has It's Thorn":


12) Guns N' Roses "Patience":


13) The Red Hot Chili Peppers "Under The Bridge":



There's very few things better than a 80's power ballad, as these next three songs demonstrate. 14) Aerosmith "Angel":



Almost 38 million views, as it should be. 15) Journey "Open Arms":



16) Boston "Amanda":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites