Friday, April 5, 2019

(Finished April 5th, 2019) themusicaddict's Season 17 "American Idol" Top 20, 10 to 1

Hello,

10) Riley Thompson sang Dolly Pardon's "Jolene". Obviously Riley is attractive, although her Momz is absolutely beautiful, I suspect that's why she's still in this contest. I'm just not overwhelmed by her vocal talent and what would she know about the storyline of a song like "Jolene"? Trending at the same level.

9) Laci Kaye Booth sang a completely slowed down version of Cheap Trick's "I Want You To Want Me". I know that Luke Bryan liked it, but too many performances like that would have made me fall asleep. She's attractive like Riley, but I think she has a lot more talent. I think that Laci could win the whole competition. But a lot of that will come down to song selection. Please pick better Laci. For now Laci Kaye Booth is trending down.


8) Raquel Trinidad sang The Cardigans "Lovefool", which is an absolutely amazing song. The first thing I want to say is that damn Raquel is skinny. She hasn't got a lot of screen time, but she definitely deserves more. Although I'm not a big fan of her island sounding "Lovefool". Raquel is trending at the same level.

7) Madison Vandenburg sang a head scratching song, Jessie J's "Domino". I've never heard this song- yes I know I'm old. I'm liking her version of this song on a second listen. She's one of the best pure singers in the competition. I expect better from her going forward. And for now, she's also trending down. Although I think she could win the entire competition as well. 

6) Ashley Hess, oh Ashley, please don't sing such a bad song selection ever again. She sang John Mayer's "Dreaming With A Broken Heart".  I love your vibe Ashley and I think you're a great singer, but this song sucked. Not you, the song. Although I still think you're great, have Bobby Bones help you choose a better song. Sadly Ashley is trending down.

5) Alyssa Raghu sang Paramore's "Ain't It Fun", again not another great choice miss Alyssa Raghu. This is one of Paramore's more mediocre songs. Maybe if you want to sing a rock song, sing one more like "Misery Business" or "CrushCrushCrush". Show off those big vocals girl. Alyssa is trending up, but can we see more performances like this:


4) Bumbly sang Mariah Carey's "Vision of Love". That's a great song and Mariah's version is amazing. It's hard for an amateur singer, even a great singer, to match up with Mariah. As for now Bumbly is trending at the same level. 

Maybe if Bumbly gets a chance she should sing this Ed Sheehan song again:


3) Kate Barnette sang Maroon 5's "Sunday Morning". Lionel complimented her on bringing the funk and she did do that. But I wish she would have brought a bit more funk. Kate sorta reminds me a bit of Crystal Bowersox, which is a huge compliment. Kate has a unique look she also has an unique vibe. Realistically I don't think she's going to win the competition. However she's one of my favs. As of now she's trending at the same level.


2) Next up is the unofficial mayor of Nashville, Eddie Island. Welcome to the Island. He sang Lumineers "Ho Hey", I wish he would have stayed with the original arrangement. I get he's an artist and he's trying to make his own way. Trending up.

1) I'm surprised that Laine Hardy is my #1, but he had a one two punch of "Come Together" and Sam Cooke's "Bring It On Home". He could win this whole thing. I'm so glad the judges gave him an opportunity to come back for another season. He learned a lot from his first year on "AI". I'm looking for big things from Laine going forward and for now he's trending up.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites