Monday, February 7, 2022

(Finished February 7th, 2022) Part 2 of Who Should Be The Next Five Members of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

Hello,

The 17 nominees for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame are Beck, Kate Bush, Eminem, Fela Kuti, MC5, New York Dolls, A Tribe Called Quest, Pat Benatar, Devo, Judas Priest, Eurythmics, Dionne Warwick, Duran Duran, Rage Against The Machine, Carly Simon, Lionel Richie and Dolly Parton.

If I was a voter my five would be Duran Duran, Carly Simon...

When you're the writer and singer of "You're So Vain", do you need anything else? Well yes probably, but she also has "Anticipation", the"Bond" song l (like fellow Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees Duran Duran) "Nobody Does It Better", "Mockingbird" and "That's The Way I've Always Heard It Should Be". Of course she she has all of these other great songs.

2) Carly Simon

1) "Nobody Does It Better":

2) "That's The Way I've Always Heard It Should Be":

3) With James Taylor "Mockingbird":

4) "You're So Vain":

5) "Anticipation":

6) "Haven't Got Time For The Pain":

7) "You Belong To Me":

8) "Jesse":

9) "Coming Around Again":

10) "The Right Thing To Do":

11) "Give Me All Night":


12) "All I Want Is You":

13) "My New Boyfriend":

14) "The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of":

15) "Better Not Tell Her":

It seemed like nearly every legacy artist went through a standards phase, well Carly Simon was no different. Her voice is a lot huskier here than usual. Here are a few of those songs:

16) "I've Got You Under My Skin":

17) "Alone Together":

18) "The More I See You":

19) "Attitude Dancing":

20) "Tired of Being Blonde":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites