Thursday, February 17, 2022

(Started February 17th, 2022) 1984 One Hit Wonders

Hello,

I don't have time to do a deep dive into two great 1984 CDs, instead I'm focusing on 1984's one hit wonders. Obviously the word "hit" is very loose. Some of the songs below were hits and some were just popular. And a few of these musicians had multiple hit songs as part of other bands like Heart, Loverboy, Kajagoogoo etc. In the end all of that doesn't matter, just enjoy the music. 

1) Romeo Void "A Girl In Trouble (Is A Temporary Thing)":

2) The Romantics "Talking In Your Sleep":

3) Shannon "Let The Music Play":

4) Nena "99 Luftballons":

5) Peter Schilling "Major Tom":

One of my all-time favorite songs. 6) Tracey Ullman "They Don't Know":

I don't think this was ever a hit, but I'm a bit intrigued by the title. 7) Dominatrix "The Dominatrix Sleeps Tonight":

8) The Icicle Works "Whisper To A Scream (Birds Fly)":

9) Scandal featuring Patty Smyth "The Warrior":

Former member of Styx, now doing his own thing. 10) Dennis DeYoung "Desert Moon":

Shaw is still a member of 5 decade old Styx. 11) "Girls With Guns":

12) Band Aid "Do They Know It's Christmas":

Yes that's Michael Jackson on background vocals. 13) Rockwell "Somebody's Watching Me":

14) Christine McVie "Got A Hold On Me":

15) Matthew Wilder "Break My Stride":

16) Nik Kershaw "Wouldn't It Be Good":


Only 3 million YouTube views? That's not just right. 17) John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band "On The Dark Side":


18) Giuffria "Call To The Heart":

19) Murray Head "One Night In Bangkok":

20) The Mary Jane Girls "In My House":

21) Autograph "Turn Up The Radio":

22) Mike Reno and Ann Wilson "Almost Paradise":

23) Jack Wagner "All I Need":

I hate finding a supposed hit from the 80s that I don't know. This is my first time hearing this song. 24) Face To Face "10-9-8":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites