Sunday, July 20, 2008

The # 2 artist is revealed

Hello,

I hope you all have had a fantastic weekend, I worked all weekend so I didn't. I bet none of you had as good of a weekend as "The Dark Knight". It broke just about every box office record ever. Here's a brief review: From Friday to Sunday early estimates indicate that the movie made 155.3 million dollars. That is so incredible and almost three-fourths of the way to making what the first Batman made in 2005 in it's entire run. "Batman Begins" made $205 million in it's entire run. It also had the best first day and single day totals ever, making $66 million on Friday. One final record it made over $18 million in the midnight screenings Friday morning. I try to stay far away from reviews until I have seen the movie itself. However I have only seen one negative review of this movie so far.

Other news: Last week I finished reading "Huck Finn", what a great and funny book. I then started reading "The Watchmen". This is named one of the best 100 novels of all-time by Time magazine and I can see why. It is worth checking out and it currently is being made into a movie. The movie will be released 03/06/09, isn't that cute?

Also according to Guns n' Roses official website, "Shackler's Revenge" will be part of their forthcoming (fingers crossed) CD, "Chinese Democracy". As you may remember this song first is going to be introduced on "Rock Band 2".

Anyway my #2 band of all-time is the great Pearl Jam. Again I am going to be highlighting some of their more obscure but great songs. So here goes 1) "Love, Reign Over Me" 2) "Red Mosquito", the best version of this song is the live version. 3) "Elderly Woman Behind A Counter In A Small Town" 4) "Yellow Ledbetter" 5) "Get Right" 6) "State of Love and Trust" from the "Singles" soundtrack 7) "Nothing As It Seems" 8) "Life Wasted" 9) "Mankind" 10) "World Wide Suicide" 11) "Go" 12) "Brain of J" 13) "Glorified G" 14) "Cordurory" and 15) "Crazy Mary". What a bunch of great songs.

I am not sure the next time I will be back but when I do I will have the #1 musicaddict's all-time favorite artist, who no one can come close to. themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites