Saturday, July 26, 2008

Hello,

Some movie news first. My last blog I wrote about the first 3 "Robocop" movies, the ones that were released back in the 80's. Now comes word that "Robocop" is going to be remade, that should be interesting. Another 80's movie getting a new life is "The Lost Boys". The original starred Keifer Sutherland and Corey Haim. From what I remember that was a pretty cool movie. Speaking of 80's movies, I watched about the first 10 minutes of "Woman Wanted" last night. This movie stars Holly Hunter and Keifer Sutherland. This movie is directed by Keifer Sutherland and he is a terrible director. With him as a director he is a terrible actor as well.

As I have mentioned before goombah.com highlights 15 of its about 9,000 free MP3's each Friday. One of the songs they highlighted this week that is worth downloading is "U Can't Control Me" by Jo De La Rosa. This is a great poppy dance song. It is worth checking out. Again all songs you get at goombah.com are free. Although I do have one reservation about De La Rosa she lists Britney Spears as "an influence". That is pretty interesting.

Here's a review of Zack de la Rocha's new side band One Day As A Lion. He formed this band with a guy from The Mars Volta. (For the record I love Rage Against The Machine but I think The Mars Volta is one of the worst bands of all-time.) This is a 5 song ep. It is available at iTunes but I am sure it is available elsewhere as well. It is okay but nothing compared to Rage Against The Machine. The lyrics are political (of course) but there aren't any Tom Morello guitar flourishes. They are trying not to sound like Rage, but their are a lot of similarites. I would only reccomend this for big Zack de la Rocha or Mars Volta fans.

I don't have much today but I will be back tomorrow. themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites