Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The 7th all-time artist is...

Hello,

I am back from my 0ne day hiatus. My 7th all-time favorite artist is Van Halen. I don't really have a preference between Van Halen with David Lee Roth or with Sammy Hagar as lead singer. I like both singers, they each bring something great to the band. I have seen the Sammy Hagar lead Van Halen in concert and they are pretty good. I did get a little tired of the 15 minute Eddie Van Halen solo. The man is a genius guitarist but 5 minutes is long enough, after that it got boring. So here are some more obscure but great songs from their catalog (While doing this I realized they didn't have that many obscure songs.) 1) "Black and Blue", that is just a great, great song. 2) Speaking of Eddie Van Halen solos, "Eruption" is pretty good as a solo and song. (Eddie two minutes long, just perfect.) 3) "Get Up" 4) "Mine All Mine" 5) A.F.U. (Naturally Wired) 6) "Judgement Day" 7) "Best of Both Worlds" 8) "Inside" and 9) "Everyone Wants Some!!" Just looking at the songs I have on my iTunes about 40 of their songs are excellent. That's pretty good and the reason why they are my 7th favorite band of all-time.

Song of the Day: "Me Plus One"- Annie. If you have no idea what this song is, you definitely need to check it out. It is a little known but great song. Band of the Day: Against Me! They have 3 great songs on their most recent CD, "New Wave". They are "New Wave", "Stop" and "Up The Cuts". CD of the Day: "American Idiot"- Green Day. I was reading an old interview with Billie Joe Armstong in Rolling Stone and I thought of this great CD.

Songs rockin' my iPod: 1) "Save A Horse (Ride A Cowboy)- Big & Rich This is one of the best country songs of all-time. 2) "Battle of Who Could Care Less"- Ben Folds Five 3) "Feed The Tree"- Belly 4) "What's A Girl To Do"- Bat for Lashes 5) "Rock Lobster"- B-52's 6&7) "Girlfriend" and "The Best Damn Thing" by Avril Lavigne. Both are great songs, although they are virtually the same song. 8) "Takin' Off This Pain"- Ashton Shepherd 9&10) "Dirty Little Secret" and "Swing, Swing" by the All-American Rejects 11) "Would?"- Alice In Chains 12) "Citizen of the Planet"- Alanis Morissette 13) "Chasin' That Neon Rainbow"- Alan Jackson 14) "Stop"- Against Me 15) "This Heart Is A Stone"- Acid House Kings 16) "You Shook Me All Night Long)"- AC/DC 17) "Poison Arrow"- ABC

Tomorrow I will be enjoying the June 25th Pearl Jam Madison Square Garden 2 Bootleg. I have already bought it, it is eligible to download in the morning. So if my blog takes a Pearl Jam bent tomorrow you will know why. Also I have the new Journey CD "Revelations", I am going to check that out soon. However you won't have to worry about Nicole Kidman birth news. Have a great week, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites