Thursday, July 3, 2008

#'s 15 to 11 in my Top 50 artists of all-time

Hello,

Here is my list of 15 to 11 on my all-time favorite artists list.
15) Scorpions: The 80's heavy metal band who is still "rocking like you like a hurricane". They actually benefit on this list from quality recent music. Their most recent CD, "Humanity: Hour 1" is pretty darn good. A lot better than that title.
14) Journey: The 80's, 90's and still trying to be current band. Their latest music is a 2 CD, 1 DVD set titled "Revelation" currently only available at Wal Mart. The DVD features their new lead singer in his first concert with the band. They were pretty sharp in lead singer's Arnel Pineda debut.
13) Poison: Again another 80's band trying to hold on to relevance. Their most recent CD is a collection of covers. The CD is titled "Poison'd" and it is very good. Seriously if you like good rock music, you need to pick this up.
12) U2: This band surprises me, before I started writing this list I thought they would be much higher than this. A still great and relevant rock and roll band. This is yet another band allegedly working on their next CD. Also if you have a chance to see them in concert, go. I have seen them twice, both times they were excellent. Also they pick good support acts as I have seen Rage Against the Machine and No Doubt opeining for them.
11) Green Day: Yeah I know they haven't released any new music in 3 years (not counting the Foxboro Hottubs) but their last CD was fantastic. "American Idiot" might be the best CD of this decade, unfortunately I don't think that is saying a whole lot.

Tomorrow I will be bringing you more of my Top 10 all-time favorite artists. I may give them to you all at once or feature one band a day. The #10 act is my favorite blues artist of all-time.

I have mentioned the Pearl Jam bootlegs they are recording on their current East Coast swing. The one I am looking forward to buying is their second night in Madison Square Garden. The reason why this is a highlight for me is they convinced Ace Frehley to come and join them and sing through "Black Diamond". This set is available for download on July 9th. You can also buy the actual physical CD. One more Pearl Jam note, when this concert is over Eddie Vedder is going on a solo tour. He will be touring mainly the East Coast again, his tour dates run from August 1st to August 22nd. Tickets are running $75 base price. I love Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder but $75 to see Eddie solo is way too much. Also please Pearl Jam come out to the West Coast area. Of course you have to stop in Salt Lake City on the way through.

Also themusicaddict would like to wish Lindsay Lohan a happy birthday, she celebrated it a couple of days ago. She is now 22!

CD of the Day: "Get The Knack"- The Knack. What a great CD, I just listened to it again yesterday. Although the CD was released in 1979, it holds up very well. If it was released today it would fit right in. In fact it would be better than much of the current music. This CD is known mostly for "My Sharona", but every song is great. Band of the Day: Dead or Alive, they are the 80's synth pop dance band most known for "You Spin Me Round". That is one of the all-time great dance songs. You should definitely check out their Greatest Hits CD. It has all their songs that you want plus a few you probably don't.

One more final note I will continue reviewing CD's but I am going to give each CD at least 2 or 3 listens. That will give me a better appreciation for the music. I am trying to have these reviews be accurate and not something I will be changing my opinion on in six months. For instance, I panned the Rockferry CD. However I have heard a few people say they like it. So I will let each CD marinate a bit before I review it. Have a happy 4th of July. I will be back tomorrow, yes I am that dedicated. Plus I have a lot of time on my hands.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites