Friday, July 4, 2008

The #10 Artist is revealed

Happy July 4th,

On my Top 50 artists of all-time, the 10th place person is the great bluesman Muddy Waters. Muddy Waters unfortunately passed away several years ago. So we can only listen to the music he left behind. (B.B. King is 80! If you want to see living history of music, you better make it quick.) Anyway Waters is a ffantastic musician and singer. Here are some of his best songs: "I'm A King Bee", "Mannish Boy", "No Escape From The Blues", "I'm Your Hoochie Coochie Man", "Sad, Sad Day" and "She's 19 Years Old". If you only buy music from one Blues musician, it has to be Muddy Waters. Also someday I will have a review of a newly released CD he made a few years before his death.

I don't have a CD of the day or a band of the day. However I do have song of the day. It is one of Dire Straits more obscure songs, although I have no idea why it is so obscure. The song is "Romeo and Juliet", it is a slow beautiful song. If you ever make a mix CD for that special girl in your life, you definitely need to put that song on it.

I watched "Reign Over Me" last night. It is the Don Cheadle (who is becoming one of my favorite actors) and Adam Sandler movie. The movie is mediocre. However Pearl Jam's "Reign Over Me" is promimently featured in the movie, including over the closing credits. I had been vaguely aware of this song, but I just never made any effort to find it. I bought it on iTunes this morning, it has already found it's way on to my iPod. It is definitely an all-time greatest song.

Lately I have been fighting off the temptation to buy the new Katy Perry CD. It is a great CD. Also why should I buy it when I can listen to it free at Rhapsody anytime I want to? However if you are in a better financial situation than I am, you should pick it up.

Songs rocking my iPod: 1&2) "Saints of Los Angeles" and "Face Down In The Dirt"- Motley Crue. Both songs taken off their excellent new CD, "Saint of Los Angeles". 3) "Life is a Lemon and I Want My Money Back"- Meat Loaf. This version is taken from his VH1 Storytellers episode. 4) "Girls"- Beastie Boys, I think this might be my favorite Beastie Boys song. 5) "Would?"- Alice In Chains, this is probably my favorite Alice In Chains song. 6&7) "Perfect" and "Cassie" by Flyleaf, one of the best current bands, but also one of the most unappreciated bands. 8) "Old Yellow Bricks"- Arctic Monkeys 9) "Modern Swinger"- Pink Spiders 10) "Not Coming Home (Live)"- Maroon 5 11) "Baby Girl"- Sugarland.

I will be back tomorrow with my 9th all-time favorite artist. I will also have other news. Again have a great 4th, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites