Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The 6th all-time artist is...

Hello,

I downloaded the Pearl Jam Madison Square Garden 2 concert this morning. I have only listened to a couple of its songs so far, but both were good. I would be listening to it but I am listening to my 6th all-time favorite artist now. Also if you go to pearljam.com, click on the box that says "Bootleg 2008 order now". After clicking on that it will bring up what concerts are available. At the bottom of that page you will see a listen section. There you can listen to 3 different songs by Pearl Jam from this year's bootlegs. The three songs available are "Dissident", "Who You Are", and "Even Flow".

I have written about the music website lala.com before. The original promise of this website is to able to listen to any song from any major label for free. (That is any major label they had agreements with.) Apparantally so many people logged on, it caused the site to crash. So they closed down that part of that website for a few weeks, and now it seems they have decided to disband it completely. However lala.com is still around and does have some really cool features. One, you can upload your complete iTunes library on lala.com, then you can listen to your iTunes library anywhere you go. Also you can listen to any song free the first time. If you like it you can pay 10 cents to add a web song. A web song is a song you can listen to anytime for free and unlimited. If you want to get the mp3 you pay 79c more. The first fifty songs are free and you can listen to anytime. I already added some songs from Kansas, the new, hot Katy Perry CD and a Johnny Cash CD released this year. You can use lala.com on both PCs and Macs. I am going to investigate lala.com today, and then have a more thorough review on Friday. (To listen to music I don't have I still prefer Rhapsody at this point. Although lala.com has made a lot of improvements since I first used it.)

I only have two of the days today. CD of the the day: "One of the Boys"- Katy Perry. A great CD, check it out. Song of the day: "Armageddon It" by Def Leppard from "Hysteria". A great song on a great CD. Also Subpop is celebrating it's 20th anniversary. They are the iconic Seattle music label. Anyway on iTunes, for a limited time only, they have a 20 song CD sampler available for only $7.99. It has songs from its 20 year history.

Anyway my 6th all-time favorite artist is Def Leppard. Obviously "Hysteria" and "Pyromania" are two of the greatest CD's of all-time. Here are some of their great but obscure songs. 1) "Stand Up (Kick Love Into Motion) 2) Their cover of "No Matter What". 3) "Don't Shoot Shotgun" 4) "Run Riot" 5) "Exciteable" 6) "Stagefright" 7) "Fractured Love" 8) Their cover of "Hanging On the Telephone" 9) "Die Hard The Hunter and 10) "Billy's Got A Gun".

I am working most of the day tomorrow so my next blog will be on Friday. I will be bringing you my 5th all-time favorite artist as well as a more thorough review of lala.com. Have a great day, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites