Saturday, July 5, 2008

The 9th all-time artist is...

Hello,

I hope you all had a happy and safe 4th. A large part of yesterday I was listening to songs I have recently downloaded. I wanted to see if any of them are any good. I have added a lot of free MP3s recently from iTunes, amazon.com, download.com and goombah.com. I also bought music from Motley Crue and R.E.M. recently. Of the free recently downloaded music, I didn't rate any of the music at 5 stars. (These ratings are the ratings I give them on iTunes.) I rated the following songs 4 stars and they are worth checking out: 1) "Check Marks"- The Academy Is 2) "Freeway"- Aimee Mann 3) "Always A Friend"- Alejandro Escevedo 4) "Blame Is A Killer"- Amy Ray and 5) "Bang My Drum"- Daniella Cotton. There are also many other 4 stars songs. I will continue to bring you new music and let you know the quality music available. I will tell you the price and where to get it.

My ninth rated artist of all-time is Neil Young. He has released many great albums and songs. The man is a genius. As with all my Top Ten artists I am going to be listing some of their best but more obscure songs. (Except for Muddy Waters, I think his music is already pretty obscure although it shouldn't be.) First of all you need to get the CD "Sleeps With Angels". In my opinion this is his best CD. Great and obscure Neil Young songs: The CD it comes from is listed in parenthesis. 1) "Let's Roll" This is a 9/11 song.(Are You Passionate?). "Buffalo Springfield Again", "The Great Divide", "Silver and Gold", "Distant Camera (Song of Love)" and "Razor Love". (All five songs are from "Silver & Gold") Last but not least is "No Wonder" (Prairie Wind). All of these songs are 5 star rated. Then he has his 10-15 classics as well from his entire career. After writing this I am considering raising him higher, he has an amazing amount of work that is amazing. We'll keep him here now. Tomorrow the 8th all-time artist who also has a large body of quality work. Making this decision is as tough a battle as will be UFC 86: Jackson vs. Griffin.

I have a couple of countdowns going on. Only 4 more days until I can buy the Pearl Jam 2008 Tour Madison Square Garden 2 concert. Also only 13 more days until the new Batman movie "The Dark Knight" is released. I am so pumped. I just went and checked out the trailer again at thedarkknight.warnerbros.com. Very, very cool. Also Comcast On Demand has some cool trailers, they actually have 3 different trailers. For those of you getting older, like me, they have a 7 minute recap of "Batman Begins".

Coming tomorrow, my 8th all-time greatest artist and a review of Wall-E. Also I think today's On Demand movie is going to be "The Abyss". That is one of my favorite movies of all time. Have the rest of a great 4th of July weekend.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites