Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dearest Pandora! Open Letter

Dearest Pandora,

I love your music service. I have discovered many great bands and songs since listening to Pandora. I'm also glad they struck down the attempt to increase royalties which would have effectively shut you down.

However the music genome song matching system has some to be desired. I'm speaking specifically of when I typed in "Rihanna". There are three ratings of the music you have matched to Rihanna so far: Yes, No and Hell NO! Yes = Matching artists that are appropriate: Rihanna, Cascada, Fergie, Technotronic, C + C Music Factory and the Black Eyed Peas. No = artists that don't really match: Recent JJ, most Madonna, DJ Encore. The Hell NO! artists, these are artists that have nothing in common with Rihanna: Kanye West, Sean Paul and Maroon 5. (Maroon 5? What the heck?)

Also it would be nice if I have a Rihanna radio station, that her songs are played at least every third song or so. I've listened to at least 30 songs since the last Rihanna song was played.

Overall I'd have to give your service a B+ though and the price can't be beat :)

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites