Saturday, November 21, 2009

"The Girl WIth The Dragon Tattoo"

Hello,

I recently finished reading Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan's "The Strain". It is a very clever vampire novel, changing up and freshening the mythology a bit. With the second book of the trilogy not out until next year I started reading Stieg Larsson's "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo". So far it's a very good and intriguing book.

Due to issues with a USB port going out on my computer, my computer isn't able to communicate with the external hard drive. I don't know when we'll we be able to replace it, so I've been re-downloading my complete CD library again. It's a very time consuming project. However it gives me an opportunity to do an inventory of all my CDs. I'm missing some of my CD's but also rediscovering some CDs. I had forgotten that I have Rev Run's "Distortion". I also pulled out the R.E.M. import "Aural Pleasure". Most of it is recorded live at Milton Keynes Bowl. It's a great chronicle of R.E.M.'s "Monster" tour. I listened to The Smashing Pumpkins Greatest Hits and enjoyed "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" several times. That's just a great song.

Sports: First of all congratulations to the Utah Jazz for winning their first game in San Antonio in 10.5 years. My 13 year old was only 2.5 years old at the time. To show you how long ago that was, the Jazz last won in San Antonio in 1999. Remember that was when everyone was nervous about Y2K.

College football: The top 4 teams play cream puffs, in fact #1 Florida and #2 Alabama are already off to big leads. #3 Texas and #4 TCU play their creampuff games later. # 6 Boise State crushed Utah State last night, they imposed their will on the Aggies. Sports Illustrated had a nice article about Boise State in this week's issue. USC has a bye today. Utah and BYU also play later today.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites