Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Teen Beat strikes again, Ashley Greene

Hello,

Teen Beat (formerly known as Rolling Stone) strikes again with their latest cover subject, Tyler Lautner. He plays the role of Jacob/ wolf in "New Moon". That's good that someone has finally discovered that small independent movie. Please that movie needs hype as much as Adam "I Went Too Far" Lambert does.

For full disclosure I loved Stephenie Meyer's four books in the "Twilight" series. However I was very disappointed by the first "Twilight" movie and I have no desire to see "New Moon".

If we really have to have a "New Moon" cover, which we don't, this is the one I suggest.



There are also promos for Season 9 of "American Idol" already out. See below:



No sign of the guest judges or Kara. I think "AI" is embarrassed having her still on the show. I'm sure glad they featured Randy Jackson and one of his 5-7 phrases that he continuously recycles. The promo showed Randy "110% yes". We didn't get to see any of his other brilliant phrases like yo, yo, yo", "you can sing the phone book", "dawg", "pitchy" etc.

I've read reviews of Kris Allen's new CD and I've heard it described as not very exciting. Really! One of the most boring contestants ever makes boring music! No shock there. It's first week sales were only 80,000 copies, which was only good enough for spot # 11 in the Top 200. Also this is the lowest first week sales for an "American Idol" winner in it's 8 seasons. Why is anyone surprised by this?

I almost finished reading "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" last night. It took superhuman will to not finish it. I will finish it tonight. There was a development that took me by complete surprise. I won't ruin it here but it's a development that I did not see coming at all. I say that as a compliment, if you know what's going to happen it takes away the thrill of discovery. (One of the all-time most predictable movies ever is "The Notebook". I'm not a genius but even I could see that corny ending a mile away.)

Here's a pretty cool story, although there is great sadness behind that happiness. Congrats to Francisco Rodriguez and his family for giving away 8 of his organs and saving 8 other lives. Rodriguez was killed in the boxing ring. What a great family that raised him to have such unselfish ideas. The following is from espn.com. Thanks to them.

"The death of junior featherweight Francisco "Paco" Rodriguez on Sunday night will not have been in vain.

Two days after Rodriguez was knocked out by Teon Kennedy in the 10th round of a ferocious fight for a regional title at Philadelphia's famed Blue Horizon, Rodriguez died from a brain injury he suffered in the bout.

His death, however, will save the lives of at least eight people, including his uncle. Rodriguez's family announced that it was donating multiple organs from the fallen fighter, including a kidney to his uncle.

"We just learned that Paco and our uncle are a match," Alex Rodriguez, Francisco's brother, said in a statement. "Our uncle has been on the waiting list for a kidney transplant for a long, long time. So although we've tragically lost Paco, we're able to give this incredible gift of life to another family member.

"My family is desperately grieving the loss of Paco, but there is some comfort knowing that he will save at least eight lives and benefit so many families."

Rodriguez's organs are being donated through the "Gift of Life" donor program".

I think donating our body parts after death is something we should all consider. Think about it and thanks to Francisco and his amazing family.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites