Saturday, November 14, 2009

Another short blog

Hello,

I continue reading through Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan's excellent vampire novel "The Strain". I wish I could go somewhere and finish reading it one sitting. It's that good of a book and also a quick read.

Unfortunately if you surf a lot or read a lot as I do, you continue to read and hear about new books to read. That happened yesterday to me again. In two places I read about the book "Drood" by Dan Simmons. When I got home last night from work I put it on hold at the library. It's a very intriguing sounding book based around Charles Dickens. I'm sure the people at the library get sick of seeing me. Coming up around Thanksgiving I have about 5 of 7 days off and I hope to squeeze a lot of reading into that time.

Sports: tomorrow is a big, big game for my alma mater, the Utes. #16 Utah travels to play #4 TCU in Texas. I hate to say it but I think the Utes are going to get crushed tomorrow. Just as the Utes were a wrecking ball crew and a team of destiny last season, that's how the TCU Horned Frogs seem to be this year. TCU is at home and they are battling for a longshot chance to play for the National Championship. TCU already has a fantastic team and with this extra motivation they will be even more dominant. I think the Utes will be lucky to keep it within 21 points. To show how big of a game this is, it was on espn.com's front page this morning.

Other games of interest #22 BYU goes into New Mexico to play the 0-9 Lobos. #5 Boise State welcomes 7-3 Idaho. Also #9 USC battles Stanford in LA. This is the same Stanford team who scored 50+ points on the previously Top Ten Oregon.

Have a good day, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites