Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"Mad Men" rules 2

Hello,

As you probably know this past Sunday was the last episode of Season 3 of "Mad Men". I think this was my favorite season of the three. Season 1 we were getting to know the characters, season 2 was a little blah and this season rocked.

It was good to see Joan back with the boys, she's the heart of the show and any firm she is a part of. I'm hoping we won't have to deal with her dreary husband anymore.

I thought the final few scenes were especially poignant. Henry, Betty and baby Gene off to Reno. Carla watching TV with Bobby and Sally. Don walking into his new residence with Christmas decorations all around. That was one of the many bitter sweet moments in the show. The capper of them all of course was in one room Don calling and telling Betty he won't fight the divorce and the look of resignation on his face. He then walked into the next room and their was a feeling of energy in the air at the start of a new firm.


What is going to happen with Kenny Cosgrove, Paul Kinsey and the others left behind at Sterling Cooper? Will be get Sal back next season? (Please yes AMC and Matt Weiner.) Will Don hook up with Miss Farrell again now that he doesn't have marital bonds to hold him? Not that they had held him before. Is Carla taking care of Sally and Bobby all six weeks while Henry Francis, Betty Draper and baby Gene are in Reno. Carla has a family of her own after all. Will Henry and Betty really getting married? I'd put my money on "no". Now with the blinders off, is there any hope of Don and Betty having a reconciliation. How long until Roger and Joan throw off their marital bonds and get back together? With this new firm, does that mean Duck will no longer be in the show. Are you glad like me that Lane Pryce will still be around? He and Joan are probably the two most essential pieces to the new firm.

From the Melinda Doolittle that I receive occasionally. Doolittle is one of my all-time favorite "Idols". I am much more excited about her music and voice than I am about Adam Lambert. I just don't get why he gets so much publicity.

"I'm really excited to be able to announce my 'official' New York debut!

I can't believe I get to say that I will be at Feinstein's for an entire week. Not only is this an amazingly elegant place, but I get to do the kind of show I have always dreamed of doing...a cabaret!

I'll definitely be doing songs from my CD, Coming Back to You, but it won't stop there. I will also be singing some of my all time favorite Jazz and Broadway tunes. So not only do I get to do my dream show, singing songs I've always wanted to sing, but it's in the perfect intimate setting. This means that I can make each night personal and we can just have a great time from start to finish. I love getting the chance to show my silly, fun loving, hopeless romantic side and also sing my heart out!

Please come join me November 17-21 and while you're at it, invite some friends. Can't wait to see you there!"

Love,
Melinda

Speaking of former favorite "Idols", Megan Joy (or whatever she's going by this week) is appearing in commercials in the local Salt Lake area. She's doing commercials for a local clothing store. The commercial is cheesy to say the least. However she sings in the commercial and its good to hear that fantastic voice again.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites