Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Do You Remember When The NBA Was Worthwhile? Under appreciated songs of the day

Hello,

With it being President's Day weekend, which for me was a 4 day weekend, I was able to spend a lot of time with all 4 of my kids. Although it wasn't my weekend, thanks to my ex-wife for letting me have more time with them. She actually asked if I could watch them Friday and I said "yes". One thing led to another and I ended up able to spend a lot of time with them. We were able to go out and eat, watch movies and hang out. I love my kids a lot but I forget how tiring they can be. That's why I have such a high level of respect for single mothers.

I went and saw two movies with my kids. By the way if you want to go see a movie and are choosing between "Unknown" and "I Am Number Four", go with "I Am Number Four". It's a much better movie. The story is better and there's a tremendous amount of action in it. Not only that but the action actually fits in with the story. My biggest complaint about "I Am Number 4" is it felt a lot longer than its 110 minutes running time. "Unknown", although it stars the gorgeous January Jones, is sort of lame. Liam Neeson is fantastic in the movie though.

The amazingly gorgeous January Jones:



Not only is "I Am Number Four" the better movie overall, it also has some great music in it. In fact, today's under appreciated song of the day is from that movie. This is Adele's "Rolling In The Deep", what a great song.



If you've heard Adele before it was probably this amazing song:



Also I would like to personally thank the New York Knicks, Denver Nuggets and Minnesota Timberwolves for finally getting Carmelo Anthony traded. What an unnecessarily long drawn out process that was. That story grew boring about it's second day. After that I just didn't care what happened with Brett Favre, uh I mean Carmelo Anthony. I'm glad that nightmare is over, Anthony has held ESPN and other sports outlets hostage for too long.

Honestly I've never been a big Carmelo Anthony fan, I think he's vastly over rated. I look at that Knicks team now. They have Amare Stoudamire and Anthony, is that not immediately the softest team in the NBA? Will they make the second round of the playoffs? Doubtful. Will they make anyone forget Willis Reed? Doubtful. I still think the Knicks are at least a player and a lot of toughness away from competing for the NBA title.

As this whole thing has been going on Anthony has made my list of the 4 most annoying, over rated NBA players. I don't think these 4 are quite deserving to be called stars. I've already mentioned Mr. Softy, Carmelo Anthony. Who are the other 3 players? Here they are in no particular order.

The second player on that list is Ron Artest. I would summarize all the dumb things he has done, but I don't have that much time. I wish the Lakers would trade him for no other reason than there would be a lot less press about him. He needs to be traded to Toronto and fade into obscurity.

The next player is another softy, a man as tough as a marshmallow. Mr. Carlos Boozer, he of the 5 year-$80 million contract. For $16 million a year, shouldn't he at least be invited to the All-Star game? He wasn't. Not only that but he already has missed games two different times for injuries this season.. He's missed 1/3rd of the Bulls games to this point in the season. That actually is pretty good for him. Sarcasm alert: he really must be committed to the Bulls this year. Boozer missing so many games is good preparation for the playoffs since Boozer usually disappears in the playoffs anyway.

Last and possibly least on this list, the alleged great Heat free agent acquisition. Speaking of over rated, Chris Bosh. He's one of the people who has benefited a lot from hype. He recently returned to Toronto and he acted like he was the man, which was hilarious. Not only do the Raptors suck, but Bosh isn't much better. The Heat should beat Toronto 99 of 100 times, with or without Bosh playing. If the Heat were a bike, Chris Bosh would be the training wheels. If the Heat were a girl, he would be the training bra. I'm not sure why there was so much love for him this last off season. I was perfectly happy that my team, the Jazz, didn't pursue him. I didn't want the Jazz to have Carlos Boozer 2.0.

I was going to have 5 players on my list, but I could only think of the above 4 players as deserving of so much dislike. Other players I considered were Lebron James, but he's not as vile as the above 4. Also he's a tremendous athlete, I just wish he cared more. Although I thought it was hilarious that he tried to take over the All-Star game and win it for the Eastern Conference. Seriously taking over the All-Star game. That's like trying to take over a marble tournament. Nobody cares about that game Lebron. I also thought of Kobe Bryant. He may be a wienie but no one can argue with how many titles he has won. Of the above vile 4, only Ron Artest has won a title. But let's be honest, I could have won a title if I was on the Lakers last year.

Of course I might change my opinion when the playoffs start and Bryant gets every call. It's not like the good old days where the dirty boys Pistons teams had 12 players alone that were deserving of disdain. Of course the NBA was much better back then. The rivalries were more intense, the players gave a damn and the lameness of David Stern hadn't trickled down as much. The NBA is sort of lame now, it seems to be more about the players than the teams. Also with most things these days, the NBA seems to have been corrupted corporate America group thinking. I just have very little interest in the NBA now, if there wasn't a local NBA team I don't even know if I'd be following the NBA. I didn't even watch a second of the who gives a damn NBA All Star Game.

However I'm very excited that MLB's spring training has started and even more exciting, March Madness is right around the corner. That's the three most exciting weeks of the sports year. It may even be more exciting for me this year with the BYU Cougars setting up to hopefully have a good run. I'd be thrilled if they could make the Sweet 16. That would be so cool if they could survive to the second weekend. I love the Cougars but I don't think they have a chance of winning the title.

themusicaddict

1 comment:

http://www.ehow.com/members/stevemar2-articles.html said...

I agree that it's good to see all the hype surrounding Carmelo Anthony is over. I’m glad he’ll be playing for the Knicks. It will be interesting to see the short-term and long-term effects of this trade for the teams involved.

Favorites