Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Heard The People Sing... and it was amazing! "Les Miserables" shines at Woods Cross High!

Hello,



My friend and I went and saw "Les Miserables School Edition" at Woods Cross High last night. To put it simply it was amazing. I searched the internet but couldn't find the names of the actors who did such an amazing job. However the actor who portrayed Jean Valjean has a very good voice and did a great job. All the main actors and actresses did a good job. I also enjoyed the lad who portrayed Gavroche. All the hard work put into this performance was apparent last night. "Les Mis" isn't the easiest play to perform. The songs aren't easy to sing, there's also dance steps that need to be learned. There are constant costume changes and many "Les Mis" actors play multiple roles. Again Woods Cross High did a fantastic job.

If last night's show wasn't the finale, I would highly recommend that you go see it. If it had run longer, I would go see it again. Great theatre is one of the best entertainments going. The tickets were only $8 each. The thrill of being in the midst of live entertainment is enthralling. Even when there are mistakes, they usually enhance the performance.

There were some glitches, some missed cues and lighting issues. Also the play started 20 minutes late, but that worked for me as we were running late. But those minor issues were small and didn't detract from the impassioned performance delivered by the students of Woods Cross High. Last night's performance was one of those moments that I was extremely proud to be alumni.

I love "Les Mis" and I've never understood why everyone doesn't love this play. What's not to like, an amazing story, amazing music and an amazing experience. If you've never seen it, you definitely need to go.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites