Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Under appreciated songs of the day, the amazing Whitney Houston, The Top 50 continues

Hello,

I have no idea why the following song wasn't a huge hit, it's a great song. It doesn't even have 8000 plays at youtube.com. This is Kimberly Locke's "You've Changed":



This song certainly isn't under appreciated or unknown, but quite simply a song by one of the greatest vocalists of all-time. This was back when she was at her most gorgeous then the drugs ruined her life. Her hair was a bit big as well. This is the amazing Whitney Houston:



The last time I wrote about my Top 50 was back on December 11th, 2010. Let's review the last few. 20) Journey 19) Buckcherry 18) Rihanna 17) Cinderella Yes, I love 80's music, especially 80's so-called hair metal. Continuing that trend is the Scorpions, they come in at #16. They are down 1 place from my first Top 50 list. I have 33 of their songs on my iTunes.

Here are some of their great songs. Yes I will include a few obvious videos, but I try to have at least 1 or 2 more obscure songs.

This song is a true classic rock song (not to be confused with "classic rock"). That in spite of it being one of the most misogynistic songs and videos ever. But if it was too smart, it wouldn't be rock and roll. Would it? "Rock You Like A Hurricane":



I don't know how obscure this song is, but when people talk about the Scorpions this song doesn't get a lot of mentions. "Still Loving You" is such a great, great song:



I don't know what you would call it, but I love the churning sound in the middle of the song. The excellent "The Zoo":



There are some amazing looking women in "Big City Nights" and it's another great song:



"Loving You Sunday Morning":



15) Lady Gaga, I have 34 of her songs on my iTunes. Yes, I know many people are offended by her. Many of these videos are unneedlessly provocative. She's weird and freaky and she does use a lot of sex to sell her music. Yes, all those things do bother me. However one thing you can't deny about her is how amazing her songs are. She also has a pretty amazing voice. Of all the debuts from my first list to this list, she's the second highest debut. Lady Gaga, if she continues at this pace, could possibly be #1 on my list in a few years. She just has some of the most amazing, catchy songs ever. I will start off with the most amazing, "Bad Romance" (it has 339 million listens on youtube!):



The following video "only" has almost 63 million listens, "Poker Face":



"Paparazzi":



"Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)":



I love, love this song. "The Fame":



"Just Dance":



This is allegedly her new song, "Born This Way":



I'm not quite sure what this is, but it's hilarious:



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites